or Connect

Posts by ladyslipper

I am curious, How does eating oatmeal help with milk production?
I heard a lot of horror stories, maybe this was good because when it was finally my turn to labor...it was hard but it wasn't anything that my body could not handle. I kept telling myself through each contraction that it would end and as long as I stayed calm the pain would not get worse. I thought of happy thoughts and would not allow people to speak to much around me because silence was my best remedy. I also kept telling myself like a mantra that women have delivered...
I was extremely quiet and everyone around me remained quiet as well. Any little noise broke my concentration, and in my mind the pain became more intense. I guess this makes me an internal labor person. It was so amazingly peaceful and the hospital staff were extremely supportive and caring.
My husband, doctor, and nurse told me a did a "good Job"...I sure did! And I know that none of them were lying about this. I had such fears about labor and it wasn't so bad because I worked hard to deliver my child for the whole thing with the most positive mind set! It made me feel wonderful to be told that I did a good job, the nurse said many women scream and are terrible to the people around them and that it was nice to be part of a delivery that was natural and the...
I drank a bunch of water and also drank nursing mother tea and milk supply increased a great deal the next day!
My husband informed me that putting breast milk in plastic containers for freezing could leak toxic chemicals in the breast milk upon defrost. He explained that their was a John Hopkins study that confirmed that the microwave was unsafe to defrost liquids when using plastic and the same toxins were found in water that was placed in plastic bottles and frozen. Therefore I have been trying to store my milk in glass spice jars, but I am wondering if anyone has a better...
Before giving birth I was told that I would have to be on top of the nurses interactions with my newborn or they would do as they felt was okay to do such as give formula to my baby. It seems like if hospitals are given free reign of how to interact with a newborn they will do as they please, so basically you have to know exactly how you want the nurses to interact with your baby and be willing to tell them directly while at the hospital. It bothers me that some...