or Connect

Posts by ladyslipper

I have limited experience making quilts but would love to make a small hanging quilt with the picture I have of my husbands mother holding the newborn. It is really a sweet picture. DOes anyone know how to make a quilt inspired by a photo? Or know of a website that might explain a technique? THanks
My really good eater is refusing to eat, and she used to be a hardy eater. She would eat everything. I just had a baby month ago, and dd went through this pregnancy with a reduction in my breast milk. Now that the baby is born she is constantly nursing, she seems to be drinking a lot of breastmilk, but has stopped eating. I thought even though she still breast feeds that she would still want to eat food. Should I be worried that she is really only getting breast milk...
I live in an area of Alaska (I think zone 1 or 2) where people do this all the time in the winter (temps get down to -30 to 20 degrees). There's alot of wind though. However, i see people doing it even when it's snowing. They say it still gets pretty dry. SOme say they bring it inside and hang is on wooden racks, and this completes the dry cycle. Quote: Originally Posted by erin a Does anyone have any tips for hanging laundry outdoors in the cold...
It sounds like you are doing a really good job conserving water! Or I am doing a really bad job . I am embarrassed to admit this but I am pretty sure that I used to waste a lot of water when I was in the lower 48 without even thinking twice. I am impressed with your effort drought or no drought. good job!
we set the temperature to 58 degrees at night and co-sleep, and stay super warm. I used to work in the wilderness in the winter, temps go below 0. This is what I learned: 1) I would always make sure that ate somthing fattening before going to bed...like chocolate or something buttery. THis helped my body stay warm because it gave it good calories to feed off of. I would wake up sweating somtimes. 2) I also drank something warm before going to bed..hot tea, hot...
I am so curious about the amount of water your using. Maybe you can call the water company and ask them to interpret. I never paid attention to water until I was only given a specific amount. I know familys here that live off of 400 gallons a week and have 4 family members. My front loader washer has really saved us on water and washing diapers. My husband said at the most (depending on load size) we use 17 gallons per wash, our top loader was taking 50 gallons max...
How many gallons of water does your family use on a weekly basis, on a monthly basis? I live in Alaska and I can only get up to 800 gallons of water per week. This is split between 3 adults, two toddlers and a baby. We are able to cloth diaper a newborn baby and 17 month old with a front loader washer. We have about 200 gallons of water left over per week. I am curious and not sure if this is a lot of water or normal amount to utilize. what kind of washing machine do...
Quote: Originally Posted by nhorzepa absolutely amazing recipe...fooled my neighbors and husband! I just tossed everything in the food processor then rolled into balls. the sauce penetrates the "meat" balls and makes it delicious! Vegetarian Meatballs 1 cup ground nuts (pecans or walnuts) 1 cup grated sharp cheddar 6 eggs 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs 1 tsp. parsley 1 tsp. salt 1 cup grated onion *I think I added some garlic...
Was the lump hard? I feel paranoid still.
Ouch- I won't pinch them, I don't even want to look at them, because it freaked me out. Thanks for all the replies. Quote: Originally Posted by violetisadora don't squeeze them! it is totally normal for babies to have swollen breasts and even for some milk to leak out of them. squeezing will only cause irritation and stimulate more milk production. if it becomes very red around the breast area or if baby cries out if barely touched there,...