or Connect

Posts by attached2mason

It sounds like you are felling so overwhelmed, so exhausted, so sad. I'm sorry things are rough right now, mama. What you describe sounds very familiar. For me it was still very hard at 6mos. Now that they are a year old life is so much better. Even at ten months it was markedly improved. they play together now, only nurse every three or so hours, and sleep a bit better. Sure beats the all night nurseathons we used to have. As it turned out, I did have ppd. At eight...
My boys have very different colouring - one has dark/olive skin with dark brown hair and brown eyes while the other has pale skin with blond hair and hazel eyes.  Early on I decided they would each have their own clothes.  Holden wears browns/greens/black/earth tones while Adam wears blue/grey/cool colours.  Some of their clothes coordinate (same shirt/pants, different colours) but many do not.  They look soooo darned cute in coordinating outfits, but I don't often find...
Thank you all so very much!!  It helps to know others have survived this and didn't go nuts :P   A couple weeks ago I finally decided that, despite my babies growing well and showing no signs of needing more milk than I was giving them, my supply was too low.  There was always just barely enough and they had to fight for every drop.  I started on fenugreek and life has improved bit by bit.  They sleep longer, go longer in the day without nursing, and get milk easily...
38w0d.  Adam didn't ever leave us and Holden spent 9.5 hours in NICU after aspirating fluid during his breech extraction. 
I had a twin vbac 6 months ago.  I was lucky in that my OB didn't see any issue with it so there was never any conflict over trial of labour.  The VBAC was not a textbook perfect birth as I pushed for 4 hours to get them both out - twin a was assisted by vacuum, twin b was a breech extraction after he flipped transverse (and would not accept a change in position from the OB - OB would turn him, he would flip back transverse, stubborn little guy ).  Not once were the...
Thank you thank you, a million times over. Your replies mean so much to me and they are exactly what I needed. My naturopath rx'd some adrenal support, very strong human strain probiotics, liver support, etc. I hadn't really started taking them, though, b/c it seemed pointless to start it all if I wasn't going to change the way I was treating my body (read: I was clutching onto my junk food for dear life even though I don't normally eat that stuff). I started the...
Warning, huge whiney vent to follow . .. I have so much to be thankful for - full term healthy twins (after 3 years of infertility!), relatively happy babies, a paid year long maternity leave, a great DH, and an amazing little five year old boy. I should be happy, but this all feels so hard right now. I used to be a good parent to my 5 yo DS. I practiced gentle parenting a la 'non violent communication', Gordon Neufeld, UP etc. I had the time, energy, whatever. ...
I worry about this too. My DS1 is 5.5 years older than my twin DS'. He loves them to bits but I can only imagine how left out he might feel in the future. I'll be watching this thread closely!
I sound a bit like you, elf. I have always had issues with body image and have a fairly average sized frame. When I got pg both times I was in good shape, little excess body fat, you get the idea. After DS1 I was left with a boat load of stretch marks, but by the time I got pg again the skin was fairly tight again and the stretchmarks were faded - I even wore a bikini a few months before I got pg again . I gained 65lbs. Did I need to? Dunno. All I know is that my...
I actually do everything in my power to keep them from waking at the same time at night. For me, dealing with one baby while half asleep is much preferrable to dealing with both at once. Right now we have a cosleeper where one sleeps and the other sleeps in between DH and I. We have a king bed but standard size pillows so this creates a pillowless, blanketless nook for one baby to sleep. They are getting too big for the cosleeper, though, so I may be moving the bed...