or Connect

Posts by threebearsmama

Ahhhh, thank you thank you !! It feels validating. I really get the best sleep when they are in with me. Cycle, my girls are 10 and 14.5, and although they would probably love to sleep all night in there with me too, we are big people (I am 6feet tall, and my oldest is 5'9", so we just don't all FIT comfortably, and none end up getting a good night sleep. The middle daughter revels in an occasional "special night" when her sister has a sleepover and she gets to sleep...
Hi, I am posting this here, as people IRL that I know mostly would not could not understand that I still co-sleep with my son, or even that I ever did. Our scenario is that when the kids are with me, we usually pile into my king size bed and read stories or watch a movie. We all fall asleep together, adn then in the middle of the night I have the girls go downstairs where they share a bed. (btw, I have a 4 bedroom house, but people choose to sleep together even...
he has them one night a week and every other weekend. BUT they don't come home Sunday nights he takes them to school on Monday morning. By Sunday I miss them terribly though.
Oh... also when you are a student your student health insurance is usually rolled into the tuition, and thus the loan amount, so that's one less bill you have to worry about, at least right now during the school years.
I am in nursing school and live partially off of student loans... but I had to take out a Sallie Mae loan which, difficult as it was to swallow at age 35, my dad cosigned for me. However, as a "sahm" for many years I didn't have my own credit. But the loan will be transferred to me soley after a year of paying on time, starting 6 months after I graduate. It really helps a lot.
Can I just say though that I am in actual mourning for my sons hair... he is such a sweet beautiful little boy and now he looks like a pseudo military "tough guy." ick.
wow. thank you to all who replied. the suggestions were very helpful, and I got the coconut conditioner. To boobybunny: what a generous spirit you are, thank you so much for your offer. My friend has offered to come over and I am doing the conditioner on me to, although I might alternate with olive oil. I am getting dandruff from the hot blow drying and lots of washng/ conditioner, which is making me itchy all over again... ugh...I am endlessly nitpicking just because...
In the middle of nonstop lice hell chaos in this house for over a week. (on another post). didn't log on to the computer or look in the mirror for days on end. I painted my toes yesterday afternoon too... felt guilty about taking the time... but it felt so good to concentrate on something (anything!) else...
Quote: Originally Posted by rubelin We're now contemplating the easiest way to do the initial meeting. He thinks maybe "running into each other" somewhere might be good. We've got several mutual friends with kids and might do a playdate at one of their homes and have him stop by. I waited a very long time (2 years) to introduce my boyfriend to my kids... but that was because I had a messy separation and divorce adn wanted to give my kids time...
So after almost 13 years of parenting (4 of them single) I am facing one of my hugest battles yet - , lice. Turns out, since we all co-sleep(often all four of us in my king bed) , I have it as well as my 3 kids, 12, 8, and 5. My son (5) I gave him a buzz cut, even though his beautiful light brown locks were so beautiful, the lice and eggs are gone (that I can see...) on him. the girls and myself, this is the question. My question is not the practicalities like...