or Connect

Posts by mommy2sage

The past few days have been pretty crappy.   My mom is in the hospital because she had 2 liters of fluid in her lungs.  We are still waiting for test results, but doctors suspect it is cancer. Bizkit, one of our SW , vanished.  We think some creature in the tank must have eaten him. Dryer is out of order  (waiting on ordered part) Hot water heater was not working (got fixed today) Baby has been nursing every 1-2 hours at night for the past 3...
We are having the same issues with baby clothes.  Our little guy is 10 weeks and size 6-9 months is getting tight and we have nothing for him in the next size.  We are going to have to do some bargain shopping soon.  Plus he needs bigger diapers.  I have some fitteds and covers in larger sizes worn by my older two, but not enough that survived in the medium size.  Think we will buying 2 dozen prefolds and 6 covers.
Not sure if I believe in ghosts, but I definitely believe in spirits.  My children understand the differences between ghosts and spirits and they think that ghosts are not real.  We taught our children to not be afraid of spirits because spirits come back to give us important messages or watch over us.
So, I have another update to share...   Last night my husband and I had a long serious talk and we came to the decision together that right now the place I am needed the most is home.  I am not going back to work. It is not going to be easy financially,  but we are determined to make it work.  No bottles for our baby and spending time with our kids is totally worth it.  Besides we might as well get used to living on this amount of $ because that is what life will be...
Final update.   I finally got the courage to tell my mom about moving.  She immediately got silent and I did not know what to say.  She started crying and told me that I'm not going to be happy in Minnesota and that we will never get to see each other.  I told her moving away from her is not going to be easy for us either and that we will miss her just as much.  I explained to her that we can still talk on the phone and she can get a webcam.  She was so upset that...
My Moby is my favorite for right now, but when my little man gets a little bigger, I am thinking about getting a BabyHawk MT or a Manduca.    Does anyone have opinions on the Manduca carrier?  I did not find any reviews or opinions on this carrier, but it looks comfy and well made.
Love seeing the babies with all their new expressions.  They are all so adorable.   Jaime - Your birth photos are awesome! Abra - The photo of big sister kissing her baby sis is so precious.     Here is the most recent photo of my Stormy.  He is 2 months old today.  
Things will eventually get better for you.  I know how it feels and the feeling does not completely go away, but it  becomes easier to accept.   Six years ago I was pregnant with my first and every day I fantasized about him being born in the water in our living room with candles lit.  It was a beautiful dream, but it never came true. He was frank breech and that equaled automatic c-section for me.  I did not want to accept that this was how my son came into the...
UPDATE: Made up my mind and I am going back to work.   Spoke with my employer today and they said they are willing to give me breaks and a private room to pump.  I was shocked because they were not this accommodating when I was breastfeeding my daughter.  I am not thrilled about going back, but really thought long and hard about it and think it is the best choice right now, especially since it has been pretty challenging surviving on one income. Also, I told them...
I am grateful that my kids are happy and healthy.