or Connect

Posts by mommy2sage

I still have not talked to my mom about moving. She had some friends visiting when we were over this past weekend and I did not get the chance to talk to her much. The timing was not right, but I doubt it will ever be.   Wish I could just get this over with!   It's hard to believe, but my two closest family members, my mom and sister do not know how to use a computer.  They do not even have email accounts.  So, Skype is not an option at the moment,  but hopefully us...
The size small gDiapers worked well for the first five weeks on our chubby legged boy, but now I do not bother using them because they leak half of the time (probably needs size medium at 12 pounds).  These were definitely not worth the money we paid to only be used for one month. It is time to sell these and buy more GMD prefolds in the next size.
I agree with the advice about trying to not have a loud or scary reaction.    The first time I got bit was when my oldest son was 5 months old and I will never forget it.  He chomped down so hard that I screamed, "Noooooooooooo!" Terrified, he unlatched and started crying his eyes out. He was afraid of me like I was some kind of monster and refused to nurse the rest of that night.    Pulling baby closer so that their face presses into your breast really works. ...
Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts on this.  I have held off on telling my employer because before I deal with the whole job thing, I need to tell my family first, and telling my mom the news is going to be the hardest.  We are close and talk on the phone a few times a week and see each other about once or twice a month, but this is one thing we cannot talk about.  She just gets really upset and changes the subject or I do.  I just wish I could tell her and she...
My employer is expecting me to return back to work in two weeks, but I do not see it happening. It is not a breastfeeding friendly workplace.  No breaks to pump (except 30 min lunch), so I used to have to pump-n-drive on the way to and from work when my daughter was a baby.  My breasts would be so engorged from not being emptied for 4 hours, plus it made it very difficult to keep a good milk supply.  I did this for a year, but back then, I only had 2 kids.  Now with 3...
It has been 4 days of what feels like non stop nursing (except for the two 3 hour sleep breaks at night).  My breasts are so empty and we are both frustrated.  I feel so bad when he unlatches and looks up at me with his pitiful little frown.  This has got to end soon.  I am just so exhausted and it does not help that I have a cold for weeks now.

Hope his acne clears up soon.   My little guy has it, too.  His entire face, ears, and back of his neck are pimply.  
Thanks for sharing your story and the beautiful photos of your family.
Sounds like you had a wonderful birth.  Your photos are awesome.