or Connect

Posts by MamaLeah

It happened naturally at our house at a young age - about 20 months or so. Whoever wore something first claimed it, and if I tried to put it on the other on a different day, they would protest. (NO! MY!) So, I just followed their lead. But everything is in one dresser/closet. We don't separate the clothes, they just remember whose is whose.
I am at a point in my life where I am really starting to wonder what realistic expectations I can have for the friendships in my life. I moved to a new town 2 ½ years ago. I love the town and have been amazed at how easy it has been to find other mothers to spend my days with. We have more playdates than I can manage (I’ve recently decided to keep it down to 3 per week, just to keep our energy level OK), have two active playgroups (one is a great AP group), and have a...
I cloth diaper my twins and don't think it is much work at all. I mean, I can always find the energy to throw a load of diapers in. You don't even have to fold them, just put the basket by your changing station. We spent about $75 total for all our diapering supplies by using borrowed and used diapers and covers, and can't imagine how much we would have spent on disposables. Keep in mind, you can always start off slow and see how it feels to you. If you want to try...
Oh it can be so hard. We are just now getting through a rough patch. For me, I would second the notion of getting breaks. I think it is so vital. Sometimes I think it is my kids, and I get away for an hour and I realize it was my attitude bringing the energy of the house down. (Or my ANGER bringing the energy up in a bad way.) I don't get a break every day, but I think I would do a little better if I did. Any possiblity of that for you?
I didn't know until the night my girls were born, an emergency c-section at 33 weeks. My husband said a million times, "You're so big, you've got to have two babies in there," but I told him to stop saying it. I should have listened to him and not my midwife who blew off my concerns. Deep down I had some suspicions (I was just sooo much bigger than my first pregnancy) but obviously not enough to act on them.
I was just hoping for a little advice. One of my 17 month old twins to a large extent and the other to a lesser extent HATE to share me most all the time. If they wake up from a nap at the same time and both want to be held, they will scratch each other's eyes in anger. Simultaneous nursing is settling down a little cause I've started to put them down as soon as the "food fighting" begins, but that was a hute struggle and still is a bit of an issue. There is no way I...
Oh - Hugs to you! I have no time to write, but wanted to say I have totally been there. The first six months were so hard for me, so sad, so challenging. I have many regrets and I'm glad it is over. We are all doing much better today, and if I could go back in time, I would tell myself to have faith, do my best, and be very creative in finding help and support. Talk to someone you trust about how hard this is for you. Let go of some of your...
Wish I had time to write, but wanted to let you know I'm right there with you. My almost 17 month old twins still nurse constantly, day and night. I really don't mind most of the time, but every now and then, I get fed up because 1) it is still pretty common for them both to be wanting to nurse in the middle of the night and because they are such jealous nursers I can't make them both happy or 2) I can't seem to have 15 minutes alone with my husband because someone...
Last week I was at the park and a mom of twins the same age as my twins (and a three year old, just like I have) came over and gushed, "Oh, you have twins, isn't it just the MOST fun?" I said, "Well, we are starting to have more fun now, but the first six months form me were very hard. I'm noticing at a year that things are starting to even out." And then she said, "Oh my god, you know what I call the first six months of my twins life? 'Total, complete hell!'" As...
Please help me and my just-turned-three-year-old. We are butting heads, and I want so desperately to stop, but somehow I can't. The two biggest issues involve her 9 month old twin sisters, so I will start with these, but they represent a general antagonism that is running through our days. Purposely waking up the babies: she does this all the time. From going into their room, to talking really loud, to insisting I get her something when I'm nursing both babies. I...