or Connect

Posts by MamaLeah

You know, I just started solids with my 8-month olds and felt guilty buying formula to mix in their cereal, but I simply did not want to take the time to pump. Their first couple of feedings, I hid in the corner of the kitchen sqeezing milk directly into their bowls - not very comfortable or time-effecient. Anyway, now I can get out on the weekend for 3-4 hours because if I nurse right before I leave, but the babies seem hungry while I'm gone, dh feels comfortable...
I guess one problem with knowing what to say is everyone wants to hear different things. Personally when people say something to me about having a lot on my plate or being tired, I appreciate the acknowledgement that it really is more challenging having your babies two at a time. Also, coming to terms with having twins (or more) seems to happen for every mother in her own way on her own terms at her own time. So I sympathize with you very much - wanting to say...
Hmmm...I'm suprised to find out I have a "typical" amount. Three dozen diapers and eight covers. We use whatever we have scrounged up at resale shops. I'm finding that with my twins I don't need twice as many clothes (or diapers) I just do laundry twice as often. :
You know, I'm pretty vigilant about this. I very sweetly remind all friends and family that I think it's OK to describe behaviour (Lilly is really crying a lot this afternoon) but it is never OK to label (Lilly is the fussy one). Strangers I don't pay much attention to, but everyone I'm close to now knows how I feel about this. I think it is so important.
"Did you know you were having twins??" I know that seems like a stupid question, and I can't believe how often I get asked it, but you know, I actually did NOT know until the night my twins were born. It's actually embarrassing to me and I usually try to avoid the question. I feel like I get asked that SO much. I've had two people ask me if I was using fertility drugs. (And my twins are identical.)
Wow. Thank you all for you thoughtful responses. Since my decision to go for a homebirth was made while on these boards, I knew that part of coming to terms with what happened would happen here too. I do believe in my heart that there is no reason to believe that the outcome would have been different had I know I was carrying twins. It could have been worse. And I also truly believe that what saved my babies' lives was first and foremost the fact that *I* felt...
After a beautiful, healty pregnancy and a normal hospital birth with my first child, I was very excitedly planning a homebirth for my second. I interviewed a couple of midwives, selected one with almost 20 years of experience, and proceeded with a normal and uneventful pregnancy. I did plenty of defending my choice of using a midwife and planning a birth at home. AT 32 weeks, I felt little movement, went to the ER and discovered that I was carrying twins and that they...
My dh just needed to see how safe homebirth is - for both mother and baby - and he was convinced. His initial fears came from stories from others. Dh's sister hemmorhaged horribly after her first birth and required blood transfusions and several days of hospitalization. Also, he had a friend whose son's heart stopped beating after birth - he was born, he breathed and cried, then went into some sort of a cardiac arrest. But talking about how hospital...
bump
I also struggled with this. I even posted a similar thread here and got some really great, compassionate and supportive responses. I'll bump that up for you. It is something like, "So how do you know iif hombirth is for you," for the subject line. I also think that fear of motherhood slowed my labor. I've done a lot of thinking and reading and talking to work through my fears and insecurities, my sense of failure after the birth of my daughter. I'm still...