or Connect

Posts by MamaLeah

My mother and I have been openly nude around each other our whole lives (showering together or in front of the other, changing, whatever). It doesn't come up that much anymore, but we are still comfortable (at age 60 and 30). My dad was always very relaxed about nudity. I remember our family skinny dipping together when we were kids and if he had to change, I wasn't asked to leave the room. He didn't strut around, but he didn't hide himself. I have never gone to great...
You know, I almost edited my last post to add this, and I didn't so now I will. I don't think that you are wrong and I am right. I think that we see the same situation differently. I believe that I am seeing things clearly, and I believe that you are seeing things clearly, but because we are different people and bring different experiences to the table, we are seeing things differently. Does that mean no one should ever speak their mind? No. It means that we...
I am not exactly new, not exactly old. I've been actively reading the boards for about a year and have followed the TCS issues for - I don't know - months. Before the boards went down. I feel that the TCS posters have been respectful and helpful. I have not seen them attack anyone ever. I have seen anti-TCS posters attack, ridicule and belittle. Now, I hate to put it that way because I don't think we should put people in categories according to their views on TCS. ...
I don't know what is best. We have a Gerry that I think is nice because we bought it used and it was still expensive, but our daughter doesn't like it very much. We just had a fiasco today with her crying at the top of the butte, then me carrying her all the way down while it was snowing so hard. She rides sort of high on this one, and I think maybe that is why she doesn't like it. If anyone has any suggestions for making it more comfortable, I'd love to hear. Good luck!
I remember reading something that it has to do with the baby's size that makes them want to turn. When your baby is still so little, he or she is still able to do acrobats in your womb, no problem. But as a baby grows, space becomes tighter, and it is actually more comfortable to nuzzle their heads down in the tight space and leave more room to kick. And that happens close to full term. Someone with more knowldedge may be able to validate this, but it makes sense to...
I am so lonely these days I'm starting to feel myself falling toward depression. My energy level is dropping and I'm finding it hard to find the motivation to get out of the house, cook dinner, pick up the same toys for the zillionth time. We recently moved to a new state, it is snowing a lot, it's the holiday season, and I feel so alone. I knew the transition would be hard, but I didn't anticipate what a bad time of year this would be to move. La Leche League meetings...
I used to be very torn on this subject. The overpopulation issue seems so important to me that it seems immoral (FOR ME) to ignore it. There is an interesting book about it called Maybe One : A Personal and Environmental Argument for Single-Child Families by Bill McKibben. I read most of it, and it would certainly give you something to think about it. My closest friend and her partner are both plant biologists working on rainforest reforestation in Central America. ...
I have been mulling over many points of view for the last several months. As many others, the world of being a parent is new to me, and I don't always know what to do/what is best/what makes sense/what will ultimately be the best path. I have posted very few questions and no opinions about TCS because I hadn't had time to really openly explore the ideas. They were very new to me. I have felt defensive and angry at times, but tried to take the time to let my emotions...
Patti - What you said is something I've always wondered about too! If I know my daughter wants to play with the electric chords and I don't want her to, so I move the couch in front of them when she's not looking, I have used my physical and mental "superiority" to get MY way. If I know we may have a conflict in a store because there is too much there that she wants to play with, so I don't take her, once again, I am forcing her to not get her way. Is it OK to force...
You've brought up some interesting points and I love hearing from people with cross-cultural experience. One thing that struck me about the questions of weather or not bf in public can be OK in a culture that sexualizes breasts - My husband seems to have a great appreciation for both aspects of my breasts. He loves to watch dd nurse, thinks it is a wonderful and beautiful interaction, but then just a few minutes later - he can see them as very sexual and enticing. ...