or Connect

Posts by kristenburgess

IMO it's totally unnecessary.  Especially if you only have 3 weeks to go!  I wouldn't worry at all and just meet your baby in a few weeks... :D
I did feel queasy and have some aversions (couldn't stand diced tomatoes, lol).  But on the whole I had an awesome first trimester with my last baby, especially when compared to the 20 weeks of morning sickness with the one before that!  Here's what I did (I pulled out all the stops):   Ate from the time I got up until I went to bed: snack upon waking, breakfast, mid-morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, supper, before-bed snack.  Always protein with the snacks,...
For me it helped not to focus on how to get away from it - meaning that "trapped" feeling comes from the desire (conscious or unconscious) to "get away from the pain."  Really you can see it in so many birthing women, not even in videos - you can see it in photos.  It's that exhaustion from the work of it, and any pain or just the plain intensity of it all.  That birth just keeps going and you're on that ride and can't stop it until baby is done!  At least that's where...
((hugs)) to you mamas :)    I was very not happy with the screaming I did on the video of my 5th baby's birth as she crowned.  I wanted to handle things better with baby #6 and I'm happy to say that I did.  His birth was beautiful, no screaming involved.  I even watched the video to verify ;)  Here's his birth story if you'd like to read it, I talk about this some in the story:   http://www.naturalbirthandbabycare.com/corwin.html   But I really wanted was to...
I will seriously and honestly say that in my birth kit for labor was:   A bendy straw.   That's it :)  Now there was more for my midwives.  But that's the only thing I used.  My birth tub, my hubby, and a cup with my bendy straw!  Well, I did put together a playlist of favorite songs for his birth ;)  We had the camera and video camera on hand, too.   After birth I had tons more ready to go.  Things I really liked:   Chux pads for under bottom and leaky...
Research out of Tufts Medical Center shows that the urine tests are not very accurate.  Still not sure about the one-drop blood test though.  It seems like so little after seeing how much they took for mine :p
DTD on CD9, ovulated on CD14 is the biggest gap for me :)  
I had a blood test done that indicated gender with baby #5.  It was along with RH genotyping and the lab offered to share gender too.  It was 100% accurate for us (both gender and genotype were correct).  They drew a few vials of blood though, not just a drop.   I'm not sure how accurate the tests that use just a drop are - if they require more than that to see cell-free DNA or not.  Can you share the name of the lab doing it?   Also, I had mine done at 15 weeks...
Love this!
Are you hoping for a boy/girl?  I really don't like this question!   Will you have any more after this one?   Are you trying to beat the Duggars?   Did you know that 2-3 years is the best child spacing?   You can tell we have a big family ;)