or Connect

Posts by Jennifer Z

my favorite appetizer/junk food is cream cheese stuffed, bacon wrapped jalapenos. YUM!
I have heard of people using ground up pork rinds. Take pork rinds and pound them into powder and use it like flour.
I do dairy at this point because the idea that I could still have all the cheese I wanted was the only thing that kept me going in those early weeks when I had to give up the majority of everything else that I loved. We might eventually go dairy free, but at this point, I am just trying to gently move my family towards more grain free. I would like to take another shot at gluten free for my son, but am doing it slowly because the last time we did it he was refusing...
It is possible to be allergic to raw milk too. My dad is extremely allergic to raw milk (anaphylactic), has a pronounced sensitivity to pasteurized milk, and does fine with cooked milk products (cheese & butter). I want to try raw milk myself, but considering I am the same way with regular vs cooked milk products, I am a little nervous about trying and giving raw milk to my kids. It might be your body's way of protecting you against something that isn't good for your...
Although most people don't do this, having the sandwiches without any dressing (no butter, mustard, mayo, etc) and the dressing available on the side makes them much easier for people with food allergies/sensitivities to be able to eat it. This weekend I went to a wedding that did that and it was on of the first receptions I have been able to eat at in my 40 years. A sandwich I can deconstruct and a veggie tray means I can actually consume some food, because anything...
Primal blueprint has been awesome for me. I started at 275, so in the same ballpark (and I have been over 300 in my life, but that was about a decade ago), and this has really helped me. I greatly improved my A1C numbers (blood sugar), and my total cholesterol is in an ok range, but they are out of balance ("bad" cholesterol is winning), but I don't know what the starting point was for this, so it could be better than it was. One tweek you might make is to exchange...
A 5lber will still be overwhelmed by newborn sized clothes. I had a 4lb8oz girl (although technically a preemie, not really by today's NICU standards, just early) Here is a picture of her at about a month old, laying on some of her newborn size clothes: http://www.takingscenicroute.com/wp-.../b18752308.jpg She might not need clothes so much for the micro sizes, but some that are for 4-6lbs might be good. I know that having a few outfits that fit her really helped me...
fry some bacon, throw the cabbage wedges in, turning them so they have some of the bacon grease on them, cover and let it wilt. Eat like that or add some cream or vinegar.
PMS can do that to me too. Do you know where you are in your cycle?
Quote: Originally Posted by mommy2maya Not necessarily. Some kids have narrower than usualy eustachian tubes which makes it difficult to drain fluid. Yucky fluid hanging about means more breeding ground for bacteria. My dd had that. It isn't uncommon to have that happen, and it is why ear infections are so much more common in kids than adults, and more common the younger they are. In GENERAL, they aren't as common in breastfed infants, but...