or Connect

Posts by Jennifer Z

I wish my gray were a pretty gray. It is sort of a brownish muddy looking gray though. My gray doesn't hold color very well, so for me just not dying it for a while will bring back the gray color. (btw, I am 37 and about 50-60% gray, started graying in high school too) I have often been curious if you can strip it to a prettier gray because I wouldn't mind being all gray headed if it looked shiny and pretty like hers.
Quote: Originally Posted by charmander I don't understand the 45 days in jail when she could be under house arrest. Isn't that kind of a waste of resources/taxpayer's money? Because house arrest, especially in this case, it a joke. A mansion with an entourage of guests, opulant surroundings, and security people to keep out anybody who would tattle if she got drunk is not exactly a deterrent or punishment.
Quote: Originally Posted by North_Of_60 I think we should adopt ZERO tolerance policies for drunk driving. You are basically driving a 2 thousand pound weapon. It's nothing less then attempted murder, to me. I actually think 23 days (or whatever it is) is a joke. She knew it was wrong, now she has to deal with it. I'm not sorry for her, at all. Totally and completely agree with this. I think once you make the decision to drive drunk, you prove...
I think she is getting preferential treatment for not going to jail for drunk driving the first time it happened. I don't think there is EVER an excuse to get in a car with even one drink in your system. I think the drunk driving laws in this country are pathetically lax and am infuriated when people, especially people in the public eye, get caught and don't get any real punishment. It makes me ill that she will be there for such a short time and is allowed to have her...
Sounds like you are gonna have some purty diapers in your near future. Both of mine do that when they are getting ready to shoot up. I always find it especially astonishing when a 20lb petite little girl can out-eat a 220lb 6'4" husband. It is like she can eat her body weight some days.
I would offer. There have been tons of times I wanted desperatly to attend birthday parties/weddings/get togethers and just simply couldn't afford the gas money to go there. That was literally the only thing stopping me. If they still can't come, then so be it, but I know I would have really appreciated the offer.
Is there a private therapy place you can go to get some PT? Even if she isn't delayed enough for the free services, you might find a private PT place that would give her a time slot, even if it was a temporary slot.
It did get easier with time for us. We used a teether for safety because he couldn't stand to be in the stroller. I have heard of people using things like caps with bills, sunglasses, headphones, or earplugs to help cut the stimulation down, but my son also didn't like anyting touching his head, so that was no help. We did make sure to shop at off times and that seemed to help the most over time. We went to the same few stores all the time (some by virtue of being...
One of my gifts is a deep and abiding patience. A different level of patience than anybody who ever knew me would think I was capable of. The timetable of ds' development is so slow at times and it takes a level of teaching, again and again, in infintesimly small steps, and you often don't see results for a while. (or the improvements are microscopic to the rest of the world). Also patience in the sense of how fast I do things in the world. All good parents...