or Connect

Posts by claras_mom

Everyone in dd1's small school was asked to construct a leprechaun trap and bring it to school. This morning, the little guys had wreaked havoc, sprung the traps, left treats. Pretty exciting, and seems to have made her forget that what she wanted was to catch one.
I think the paper plate and brass fastener will work just fine. tasks-- wipe table set table sweep vacuum wash or dry dishes (or help load/unload dishwasher) general pick-up--putting away toys bed making dusting emptying trash cans The problem I'm running into is that not everything is an everyday task, at least not in my house. So the trash cans really only get emptied once a week. Dusting and vacuuming don't necessarily need to happen every day; bed making and...
My current dentist had me do a fluoride treatment (for awhile) at the time I started with him (the year of the cavities).
I had this problem with my molars, primarily, though other teeth were affected. Dentists I've talked to (and that my mom talked to when I was a kid) tended to link it back to a really high, sustained fever I had as a toddler, which likely affected the development of those particular teeth. (Edit - antibiotics prescribed for that illness may also have come into play. It's really difficult to pin it down, and in some respects not that useful an exercise--the damage is/was...
Even if you can't, can your dh spend more one-on-one time with him? What I've found with my 6 yo daughter is that she talks at unexpected moments. If I ask her about her day, or a particular event, she's likely to say "I don't remember" or "it was fine" or something equally non-committal. The more we're able to make time for her, even if it's just all hanging out in the living room, the more likely she is to share something spontaneously--and there have been a couple of...
: Well, there was an incident in our school district as well. Dd and I talked about trusting her instincts about people, using an example of a time when she'd done that (nothing dire; she was standing outside a store, about 6 feet from me; saw some guys crossing the street toward her. They made her nervous for some reason and she came back in). We also talked about never never ever getting into a car with someone she doesn't know, and named names of people she could...
Dd2 has just turned 21 months and initiated using the potty starting about 3 weeks ago. Signs of readiness--she takes off all her clothes. We figured out after about the second time that she sheds her diaper if she needs to go (or if she's just gone; she's still working on the timing) and that she believed, initially, that you have to ditch the shirt as well. We've got a way to go, but she's peeing in her potty probably once or twice a day and clearly understands all...
Sort of sounds like a sleep regression. This site http://moxie.blogs.com/askmoxie/2006/02/qa_what_are_sle.html has a lot on the subject. Dd2 is definitely a "worse" sleeper than dd1 was (dd1 has always had the ability to conk out and stay conked out; just a question of getting her down in a timely way). Anyway, dd2 just went through what was probably the 19 month regression. Horrible sleep. And then it was OK again. That said, for dd2, OK means rocking or driving to...
Yeah, I wouldn't have thought that about realtors either. BUT, my experience has been--after working with the realtor dh used when buying a condo 20 odd years ago, then selling that and buying a house, then selling that and buying another house (I was an interested bystander on the move from the condo and a full participant in this most recent move : )--that a really good one has her finger on the pulse of the entire market. Part of it is that we'd actually considered...
If I were you, I'd see if someone in your dh's company could direct him to a good local realtor--someone who could help you figure out the actual cost of living for what you need, tell you the good school districts, etc. Give the realtor a wish list and see what s/he recommends. We have former neighbors who relocated to that area last year--they're in Sunnyvale now. Fairly particular about schools, so I imagine things are OK there. But only one child in public school...