or Connect

Posts by claras_mom

Quote: Originally Posted by lifeguard I am drawn to outfits like this: http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/p...162_d_GRN_d_3X but I worry that it is too frumpy. I'm a 32 sahm who is quite heavy - & lucky me I carry my weight in my middle. I do NOT wear pants as a rule. If this is terribly frumpy anyone have any other suggestions? I used to wear jumpers like this because they were comfortable and flexible. I stopped because my style...
Quote: Originally Posted by NicolleLynne I'd love to hear from some moms who worked or are working and have older kids that are doing fine. I need to know if it's going to be okay or if I should go out and start pricing tents... TIA!!! I have older kids (18 months and almost 6 years) and they're doing fine.
Honestly, if he isn't complaining, I wouldn't mess with it. Oh and leftovers could be heated at home and sent in a thermos jar.
Quote: Originally Posted by mamazee OP - according to your siggie, you have a 12-month-old and a 4-month old???? Anyway, my first was an only for 7 years, and therefore got tons of undivided attention. I feel bad that the little one doesn't get that as much. I think the baby's due in 4 months...that's how I'm reading it, anyway. I think it all comes down to keeping in mind that the kids will be individuals with individual needs. For...
See, Dd's school makes it easy. After describing the various activities on October 29, there is this: If you do not want your child to participate in Halloween activities there are two choices: either you can keep your child at home, or we will give them alternative activities that have nothing to do with Halloween. So, Ruthla, I'd probably start by asking if there are alternate activities and if not, just keep him home that day, with a straightforward reason why.
I'd continue to reinforce that he needs to be more gentle with other people, work on sharing and taking turns (re toys), and perhaps find him a good outlet for the excess energy. Sounds like the teacher is on top of it, which is nice to hear.
Quote: Originally Posted by Sol_y_Paz I think if she doesn't want to do Internet more power to her. I wouldn't force the issue just because she is different and causing some annoyance. Many people on here are different than mainstream. But I don't think I would print off every single email for her, just the important things. This. I agree with getting the son to help out. Bringing the whole thing up in a meeting is just going to come...
Be prepared for there *not* to be an extra seat. Thanksgiving is the busiest travel week/end of the year. Allow more time than you think you need for parking, checking in, etc. Empty sippy cup for airline drinks. Organize your carry-on so that you can put your hands on everything you need really easily. Don't overpack toys and stuff; strong chance your kid will be more interested in what's going on around her. I find that singing softly and playing hand games can...
ZTMOM I second the idea of volunteering; it's a requirement in dd's school, and while it takes a bit of planning for dh and I, we've both been happy we can take the time to do it (both WOH). I've also found that an email with specific questions works well. You could always ask for prompts--getting a kid this age to talk about the day can be hard, but if you can ask about something you know they've done.... That's also something the teacher could do really easily in a...
Well, dd1 has been doing a combination of things. To this point, for some of it, it's been a group of kinder students; other stuff in a multi-age group K-3. Letter formation for handwriting; learning basic phonics (I think) as they go over the letters; starting to form/recognize words. Math stuff is pattern recognition, simple addition, measuring, estimating, doing stuff with pattern blocks and triangles, etc. At the beginning of the day they calculate the number of...