or Connect

Posts by claras_mom

I had a brief conversation with one of dd1's teachers yesterday (they'd been doing a "switch" in the morning, so she's been working with two). Anyhoo, I was told what a delight my child is ....I made some glancing reference to her wild girl behavior calming down at home as she grows into a phase of being able to compromise better, to even lose at games sometimes, etc. The teachers at her school have never ever seen that side of her. Never seen the pissy, foot...
Quote: Originally Posted by BC mom My DS (4 yo in August) isn't interested in NOT peeing in his diaper/pull up at night. I think he likes it!! What worked for your child at this age? Waiting it out. Seriously. Not under your--or your ds's--control.
Here's my thinking: I probably wouldn't ever register a credit card, because while I make online purchases, I'm a little nervous about having all purchases tracked. OTOH, I went to the escrip website earlier today, following a link our PTA treasurer provided, because it seemed really easy. And it would have been really easy to register my grocery rewards card(s)...except that I don't have the numbers anymore. I keyed them to our phone number a looong time ago...
Quote: I think it's worth taking up with the school/school board - whoever entered into the contract. Even if they need the corporate funding, those companies have lots of beverage options. The schools don't have to allow soda. And yes, I know the sugar content is just as bad in juice and bottled water has lots of other issues. Either is a better option than soda though, which has no redeeming value at all. I think in the short term you contact the...
I'd ask about classroom volunteering. Or even if there are some tasks you could take on outside of the classroom that would be used inside the classroom. I made a job chart one day, for example. I've never been in the classroom with dd (other than the opening circle time) because during the time I can volunteer she's with another teacher. But she liked knowing that I made the job chart for her teacher to use in class. Dd1's teacher also supplies "questions" for...
Quote: Originally Posted by momtoS Thanks for the replies everyone. I had a talk with dh last night. I just said that it would be nice for all of us to go on a family trip together. (I may not be able to go at 6 weeks post partum with a three year old) He was thinking of just bringing my older dd. I just can't picture staying in a house with the two girls and a newborn and his mom. She is okay with kids.....as long as they are quiet, always use manners,...
The Little Bear books (there's five of them, illustrated by Maurice Sendak) are charming and I'm pretty sure they're for beginning readers (we've been reading them to dd1 for a few years, so it hasn't been an issue). She also loves the Toad and Frog books by Arnold Lobel, but I think they're a level 2. Owl at Home is also really good.
I'm guessing that he likes the afternoon bus because it's the one taking him home, but I agree it would be worth talking about.
We had plans to travel internationally (um, from the US to Canada) when dd2 was 10 weeks old. Canceled the trip, but not because of the baby; we were selling a house and the escrow was about to get weird. At that time, it probably wouldn't have been possible to fly much earlier than that, unless we were willing to go in person (or pay a lot of $$) to get an expedited passport. Through regular channels, passports were taking 6-8 weeks to process. Babies are easy...
I was thinking more about this and believe that whether it's (still) possible may well depend on where you live. I don't know enough about the circumstances of my grandparents' arrangement to know what all went down; do know that they "went before the judge" to make it happen. So a pretty big deal.