or Connect

Posts by claras_mom

It will be OK. Unless you decide to buy a seat for the newborn, you shouldn't have to even handle car seats while en route. Just check them through. The 6 yo and 3 yo will be old enough to handle their own carry-on bags (small backpacks); in my experience, a day pack makes an ideal carry-on when traveling with an infant, as it can be worn with a front carrier. Another option to explore, once you know where you'll be going, is renting equipment once you're there. ...
Yes. He'd almost certainly have to be onboard with it, though. My grandparents did this. Separated their assets; I believe they also had a legal agreement as to who paid for what in their household expenses. I'd start with either an accountant or a lawyer, to find out all the legal and tax implications.
He should be able to get juice or water or whatever on the plane. Milk isn't always there, but it's no biggie. As others have said, really you can pack anything, so long as it doesn't read as "liquid"....but stuff like yogurt would be more likely to be messy anyway. You might include a covered straw cup of some kind. Take it through security empty, but then any airplane drinks could go into it and he wouldn't have to be concerned about spills.
Eddie Bauer, LL Bean, or Territory Ahead all have good blouses.
Quote: Originally Posted by momtoS Would you travel there with a newborn? I am not sure exactly where in Florida (that information my MIL has and I haven't been given any...not even the name of the city). I am just leary because I don't have ANY details AT ALL. AT ALL. Car rentals? Do they supply car seats? Does the place have a pool or beach or what? I KNOW NOTHING...and with three kids I need info>...... Yes, I'd travel...
I think that he needs a longer transition to Kindergarten. That said.... Dd1 is in about the same situation your son is, in terms of familiarity with daycare and preschool. Our ritual for the mornings, since school started in late August has been that her dad drops both of us off on the way to work/daycare for dd2. I watch her play on the playground until the bell rings, then say goodbye and watch her go in. Then I walk home. I'm seeing a slow transition away from...
Harder to have the semi-rational conversation with an almost-2! I hope experimenting with a change in position helps.
Quote: Originally Posted by lkmiscnet Our 16 mo old is still on homemade pureed food and store bought organic jarred stage 2 because he won't eat most other things I make for DH and me and I just don't know what to make for him. However, when we eat out, he eats quite a bit off my fork, particularly salmon, since that is usually what I order when eating out. When I try to make salmon at home, it never turns out like at the restaurant. It's overcooked...
Quote: Originally Posted by AprilM I have always just dosed by the guidelines on the bottle. DS is 24 pounds, teetering on 25. I normally just use my cooking teaspoons for meds. And I always thought 2 teaspoons equal 1 tablespoon. But tonight I find out that 1 tablespoon is THREE teaspoons! (I filled my tablespoon up twice, both times it only took 2 teaspoons...I am stumped) How do I figure out what his appropriate dose would be? A little...
OP, you've gotten good responses; just want to throw one more thing in there. This time around (meaning the same home daycare dd1 had been in; dd2 started there when dd1 went off to preK), I was asked to provide an emergency kit. Formula, bottled water, and bottles. It was explicitly an emergency kit, not for supplementing if dcp ran short on breastmilk, but for feeding dd2 in the event of an evacuation for fire; earthquake or windstorm knocking out power, etc. We...