or Connect

Posts by claras_mom

From what I understand, inducing is a really bad idea with VBAC. I guess one thing to talk to your doctor about is to what extent he can put in your records that VBAC is your choice and his; to what extent the L&D nurses are on board and know what the protocols are--because really, under most circumstances, the OB on call is hardly there during labor.
My understanding is that the early ultrasounds are pretty accurate. In any case, it sounds as if your doctor is giving you the best chance possible for a VBAC, in light of the hospital's policy on going over dates. It's just 10 days. Weigh that against a scheduled C-sec and it seems a really good thing to me. As you say, the baby is still going to come when it comes. I think you're lucky to have someone so supportive.
Quote: Originally Posted by SleeplessMommy I think the 2 exhaust fans share the same exhaust pipe. (Which might be just a stud space in the wall if the house is older. A plumber or HVAC person can fix this for you. Until then, run your vent fan every time they cook. I agree. Dh just installed a new range hood (with exhaust fan) in our kitchen, so I was able to see how (relatively) straightforward the set-up is. Ours is attached to a 7-inch...
Hang in there. I've been thinking about this--a VBAC friendly hospital will be as important as a VBAC friendly doctor, because then even if you wind up with whoever's on-call, the concept of a VBAC won't be you know, foreign to them. (It's not foreign to the docs at our one-and-only hospital in town; just that they don't do them any more--the hospital says it's the doctors and the doctors say it's the hospital--but that's a different story) ETA I'd tell them you were...
With dd, I had six weeks of the quarter off, then took her with me for the remainder of the academic year--so about a month with no teaching, then a 10 week term, then summer break. It worked well--helps to have duplicates of everything you'd need right there in the office. Small classes, too, and a private office. With the new baby, due the beginning of April, I'll only have the month of modified duties (after the leave), and then summer break. So that will be...
Here's a link to the VBAC forum on MDC. There are a lot of resources http://www.mothering.com/discussions...splay.php?f=21 I think that in terms of finding an OB this quickly, the first thing to do is to figure out what your insurance will cover, i.e. if it's an HMO, see who the in-network providers are. And here is the website for the International Cesarian Awareness Network (ICAN), which has a lot of information on VBAC. http://www.ican-online.org/ Good...
I'm actually inclined to think that it varies from practice to practice. Though I did read in a magazine, ahem, for expectant women over 40--Plum?--that "45 is the new 35."
Dcp and I are a team effort. She's been in the business a long time and knows how to balance the pottying needs of a mess of kids. It's really great.
Quote: Originally Posted by ShineliketheSon Now that I've had time to think and read the posts, I realized some things: She always went to the potty at request no problem, but now that she's mor independant she wants to go on her terms not mine.... ...I think it's just her bladder is larger, so she's holding it longer and then wants to go on her time so she just doesn't get there fast enough. So the pee doesn't bother me as I know it's temprorary it's...
Quote: Originally Posted by barefootpoetry It's decades of very careful, very successful brainwashing on the behalf of OBs against midwives. No, really. The best smear campaign ever. Everyone claims they know someone who knows someone who is related to someone who works with someone who knows someone who has a dead baby story. It's like a game of Telephone and I'd much rather rely on actual studies and statistics than "my Aunt Fannie had her baby at...