or Connect

Posts by MountainMamaOf2

39 for DD1 + 36 DD2= 75 months
Anything you 'put together' earlier in the morning or the night before, the better. That can make a difference. Even if it's just slicing up an apple, it can save you a few minutes time... Also, your little guy could help out. I know you said he needs to be watched every minute, but at 2 he can help out ''as a big brother'' by helping Mom. Just by holding something for lunch or, while standing on a footstool, putting something on his plate on the counter... you get...
We started with Netflix in 2001. We still have it! I always highly recommend it to moms of babies and toddlers - and small children - because you are not driving somewhere to return it. You are only putting it in your mailbox. Talk about convenience. I was SO grateful to have it when I had dd1! And dd2! I tell ya.... : If you haven't tried it, go for it. The first ten days are free...see if you like it.
Congratulations!! I know what you mean about forgetting some of the ''things you already know'' even though you nursed for all that time. I nursed dd1 for 3 yrs, 3 mos and felt exactly the same way! My two favorite recommends are: The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding - La Leche League International The Nursing Mother's Companion by Kathleen Huggins, R.N., M.S.
We got dd1 a dozen Kissaluvs size 2, at Christmastime, when she was 20 months and loved 'em alright. With dd2, I started using them at an even younger age/smaller size. There are so many settings. Still love 'em!
DD1 started classes 2 years ago, and she's 5.5 now. To answer your question about what age she began to pay closer attention, I'd say that would be 4! (And of course even better at 4.5 and now 5). One thing she's gotten out of the classes is a chance to *focus* her spirited energy, and gain confidence trying new things and accomplishing them. As well as learning about patience, when to be quiet and listen to the teacher, (she was just starting preschool) and how...
I'm feeling inspired to try that out on my Aristocrats too. And curious - how have they turned out for you?
Congratulations, Mama!
Good for you--that's so great you are giving it another GO, just in time for Spring! (Have you felt the big difference with your energy level yet?) All my memories are coming back to me when I first started juicing in '94...my all-time still favorite is (also!) the Apple--Granny Smith's are the best-- and Carrot, or Apple-Celery-Carrot! And Celery helps water down the flavor of the carrot juice at first, it's definitely a taste that grows on you and before you know...
$800 here in Asheville!