or Connect

Posts by rainyday

My advice is to figure out which type of window you want (brand and style, all specifications). I'd do this by having several window people out to talk to you and give estimates and by looking at Home Depot/Lowes. Talk to the different representatives about what they include with their prices because they seem to include very different things. (We found that some include new exterior trim, flashing, etc. and some don't.) Then, once you know whic exact window you want,...
More empathy here. It's hard. Really, really hard sometimes, especially with kids the ages of yours!. A couple things: 1. This too shall pass. A friend used to tell me this when I was having a hard time, and I realized it is true. Whatever is driving you crazy right now will fade and something new will drive you nuts instead. They won't be these ages forever, and in a year or two, it will be hard to remember the details of this age. 2. It does get way easier in many...
Quote: Originally Posted by rhiOrion How the heck does someone spray bleach on a ceiling without covering the furniture? I can't even pour bleach directly into my washing machine without bleaching the clothes I'm wearing. I thought I was the only one with that problem!
Quote: Originally Posted by Ammaarah I think you need to get more assertive with your DH. My DH didn't like me doing laundry alone in our old building, but tired or not, he'd go get that laundry when it was done. It's not OK to leave. I am sorry you lost your stuff but I'd be upset with DH, not the apt manager. I think the real problem is assertiveness and follow-through. When you do the laundry, DO the laundry. Finish it. If you DH does...
Quote: Originally Posted by ambereva I recently had my levels tested and they are optimal. When I was a meat eater I was always borderling anemic. I eat greens, beans and nuts/seeds every day. Seems to be working! Me too! I don't know why, but my iron levels are also great now. When I ate meat I was usually anemic.
Quote: Originally Posted by momtoS I understand that some people don't want to be interrupted during a meal. I also understand that some people have the belief that children should not speak until spoken too. BUT....I feel that swatting a child like a fly....really is NOT appropiate for an adult. And I am still working on teaching my daughter to wait..... Sure, it would have been way better for BIL to not swat and shoo her away. But we can't...
Quote: Originally Posted by dauphinette As far as including her I could probably be better about it, it is really hard for me to focus on my cooking tasks and also be trying to think of her need to be included, it's something I struggle with. This will get easier in the next couple of years as she gets a little older. At your dd's age, I think my ds did a lot of playing in the sink while I cooked. Or "wash" the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Llyra But nothing replaces your ABSOLUTE REFUSAL TO CONTINUE DRIVING until the seat belt is buckled properly. You want your child to understand that this is non-negotiable, that you mean it with all your heart and soul, and that you are fully prepared to wait forever if that's what it takes, but that you will not under any circumstances budge on the issue. That's why I don't reward for staying in your seat. Staying in your...
What does it taste like? I've been curious about trying it, but I'm reluctant to pay all that money if it tastes fishy like my vegan DHA/EPA supplement!
Your ds wants to give up being late for Lent, and he wants to be on time.This tells me that he doesn't want to be the way he is. But he needs to be taught how to do things in a timely manner. It sounds to me like your ds might just need some more structure and support to manage getting ready right now. We've had the same issue. DS is now 7, and it's way, way better (though by no means gone completely!), so time does help. I think methodically teaching and prompting also...