or Connect

Posts by rainyday

I'm with verde on this one. For pete's sake, the OP's thread title is "How do I break it to my neighbors that we are building a fence?" The OP's husband is worried about ticking off the neighbors. Does that not suggest that maybe just going ahead and putting up a fence without mentioning it to anyone might not be the most neighborly thing to do? I get that their neighbors have fences. But there also seem to be a lot of gates and passageways between yards in her...
Yes, amen to what everyone else said about prevention. I'll add that he also needs to not see this as a game. At his age, this means that you have to set up his day and his excursions outside so that he doesn't have the chance to run away if you don't have time to do the calm, emotion-free return to the house bit that LynnS6 described. This may mean having a good grip on his wrist (not as easy to yank away as a hand) or having him wear a harness before you go outside....
Wow, I'm not really sure where people got the hitting idea from or if you all were just talking about your own experiences or more generally, but I've never hit my ds! That being said, I think meemee had a good point with her thoughts about stress in our own lives. I do think that's part of it for me right now. I need to work on that for myself right now! I love Just1More's thoughts on how kids usually want to do the right thing. I agree that it's usually true, at least...
It may depend on your child, but we've found that Children's Place slims are not very slim! We ordered a bunch, but they're uncomfortable for my ds because we have to pull the elastic on the adjustable waists so tight, and they end up all bunched up. I look at these "slims" and I can't even imagine how big the regulars must be! The slim size 6s are seriously three inches too big around the waist, which is a lot at that age! The legs also don't seem to be slim cut at all;...
to AngieB I can understand all your annoyance, but, really, it's not unreasonable for him to want to see his mother on mother's day, and it's not unreasonable for her to want to see him then either. I can not even imagine telling my partner that I wouldn't go see his family on mother's day or telling him that I'd never do another holiday with his family. That's not the kind of family I want, and it's sure not what I'd want to model for my ds about how adult men should...
I've come to the realization that I need to really work on finding my compassion for my child when he does something "wrong". I don't want to be the mom who sometimes flies off the handle and yells or snaps at him when what he really needs is a parent who is consistently there for him. What happens too often now is that I'll yell, and he'll start to cry, and then I'll apologize, and then we'll cuddle and talk and discuss what happened and why he did it, etc. But I'd...
My first thought was sheets... But I do like the capes idea!
In my experience, if they haven't molded, they're fine. But I've never noticed a vinegary smell, so... If you're going to make bread right away, then you can just grind up the wet grains in your food processor or blender. You can also dehydrate them and then grind into flour if you want to use them later. You can also coarsely chop some of the sprouted grains and throw those in the bread if you like more texture. Yum!
Quote: Originally Posted by kavamamakava Once a month?!?! I know! To be fair to my SIL, she cleans hers more often than that, but she thinks that the average person doesn't.
Just read the title again and realized you specifically asked about the toilet bowl. I'm a little surprised by the germaphobes in your house -- why does the toilet BOWL need to be disinfected? It's not like anything should be touching the inside of the bowl! And unless you disinfect it after each and every use, it's not like it will remain germ free! The second it's used, it will again have germs...