or Connect

Posts by KatyLinda

Welcome to Maryland.  Unfortunately you're not going to find many options for a homebirth in MD (I don't know of any midwives who are licensed to practice in MD who travel that far west).  You may have better luck looking into VA and WV since you're planning on renting a place anyway....
I've also seen placenta prints done with paint on canvas...  
There are also hotels nearby the hospital if you want your own space vs a friend's house.  Sounds like you have a good plan in place.  Good Luck!
Just to update, we had our ultrasound yesterday, took all 3 of my kids with me with no issues.  The Peri wasn't thrilled at first, but she softened up ;) We were there for nearly 2 hours and my kids were all really good, even the energetic 19 month old who got VERY bored by the end.  They even printed out a copy of the profile shot for each of the 3 siblings.  
I didn't realize Dr Sears was taking new patients, she had closed her practice for many years.  Glad you found someone you are comfortable with!
No, those are it.  
Neither, my midwives use St Joe's Perinatal Associates for their ultrasounds.  I did take my 5 yr old to my 7 week scan with my 19 month old, so just over 2 years ago, and that was American Radiology I think.  There was no concern that she was with me.  She was not quite 3 at the time, so there was no way I would have left her in the waiting room even if they had tried to balk. 
I believe the CNMs in MD who are doing homebirth are covered by insurance (I know a friend had hers covered).  However CPMs are in a bad position, so that's not really an option.  I would drive to one of the birth centers.  With my last baby I actually left the state because there weren't options here for me.  Driving an hour in labor wasn't the best time, but it wasn't awful (I arrived at 9 cm and my son was born 3 hours later).  When all was said and done, I'd drive an...
I called to schedule my 20 week scan today and I mentioned that i would be brining my kids with me and there was no hesitation or push back.  I didn't expressly say, 'Is that ok?' but I made sure to mention it just in case they try to give me a hard time later...  
Thank you! Another source got me the same info ;) I will be calling her on Monday!  I'd love any other options as well, having options is never a bad thing!     Thanks again!