or Connect

Posts by roomformore

Quote: Originally Posted by riverwed070707 I'm kind of glad to hear this. I hoped I wasn't being unreasonable to think I should be able to at least meet the doctor before handing over all of our personal information and wasting my time, and theirs entering data for one appointment. In my experience with our last pedi, we spent more time with the NP, which is fine, but only iterates more for me that its equally important to like the staff as it is to like...
I like the weight of blankets, and a hot water bottle at my feet on those really chilly nights.
This is a fundraiser for Friends of Iowa Midwives!! Just a reminder that The Harrison Hilltop Theater benefit production of Birth is this weekend only and there are still tickets available! Please support our event! Birth, by Karen Brody DECEMBER 10, 11, 12 at 8:00 p.m. DECEMBER 13 at 2:00 p.m. Benefit Tickets: $15 www.harrisonhilltop.com Box Office: 563-449-6371 info@harrisonhilltop.com
Dad used to simmer us some of his home-pressed apple cider with a cinnamon stick in it. I do this with our kids and they love it, especially the smell it leaves in the kitchen.
They have been having a lot of magazine sales. I haven't seen any kids magazines yet, but at $5/yr it's worth checking them out.
I'm sorry to say that there aren't a lot of resources in the QC. You would think there would be more with Palmer here, but that's just not the case. I have a friend with a 5 yr old dd who has been talking about getting a regular group together for playdates. When you get settled in I could put you in contact with her. My family is not going out much right now b/c we've just had a baby, but after the first of the year we'll be looking for things to do again.
My dd is, and has always been, more work than my twins. As of three weeks ago I now have two singletons and, even when my dd is having a really good day, I still think that, for us, two singletons are harder than twins. A lot of it has to do with personality. I actually think I'm more mellow about things now than I was 9 yrs ago when the boys were born, so not sure how that fits into the mix.
Have you tried diet coke and mentos yet? We haven't done it ourselves, but we've seen videos of the reaction and our boys found it quite entertaining.
Quote: Originally Posted by Alyantavid Do they play video games? Most of those are under $30. Or board games, puzzles. These are all good suggestions. My 9 yr olds love games. My boys also suggest- rockets bike helmets legos microscope movie passes sleeping bags bean bag chairs gift card to amusement park (maybe you could make them a certificate and promise to make a day of it in the spring?) mp3 player skateboard
Quote: Originally Posted by Smokering I predict we'll spend most of the evening discussing/arguing about Buffy, the new Star Trek movie, the comparative merits of Han Solo and Jean-Luc Picard, the newest superhero movies, water being discovered on the moon, Red Dwarf, philosophy, lactivism and Tolkien. We will watch one too many movies and go to bed horribly late. It'll be good. We'll probably be having the same discussions at my parent's...