or Connect

Posts by happy2bamama

Thanks ladies :) I was at a women's well care place today and I asked the lactation consultant about this and she said that this 2-3 weeks stage is brutal and to expect to have a few shitty weeks. She said that this is when babies are organizing their body and nervous system and it can wreak havoc for no reason.    I always thought the "Witching Hour" was evening-ish, but ours is in the middle of the night from midnight to 4am-ish. It is impossible for me to sleep with...
My DD is 6.5 weeks, but she was born at 35 weeks, so technically she's only two weeks old. She sleeps great during the day, is mellow, goes with the flow, nurses great, but it's like she's a warewolf or something because nighttime makes her insane in every way. Is this normal?? I have a 6.5 year old DS and even though he woke frequently, he would be happy if I just nursed him in bed and we both got relatively normal-ish sleep.   But with DD, the minute it's nighttime and...
My DD was born at 35 weeks via Cesarean and was 4 pounds 2 ounces. She was healthy and hitting all the marks, so she didn't spend any time in NICU. She is now 6 weeks and is already 7 pounds. I have a 6.5-year-old son too. He was opposite - he was born late and was 8 pounds! So, having a newborn that was born early is quite different than the experience with my son and I find myself in new territory and I would love some insight and validation that I'm not alone :)   -...
Yes, the test doesn't really make sense. You all are right - why not just check your blood after a normal meal??   After I had completely dropped the whole GD thing, my OB brought it up again since I will be delivering early and he said that he wanted to give my baby the best chance of not being in the NICU and IF I had a raging case of GD, perhaps the medication would help control things so that would be one less reason to go to the NICU. This had some validity to...
Man, what a complicated issue. After doing some research about possible risks to the baby if you leave GD untreated, I declined the test. The risks that I found are: a baby that's too big and therefore possible cesarean delivery and premature baby. Well, my baby has been on the small side (was even in the 10% for a bit) and I am delivering by cesarean at 35 weeks anyway because of the placenta previa and the vasa previa. So, those things are already happening to...
Thanks Tigerchild - it's interesting you say that because I keep thinking, how do we bombard our bodies with this much sugar and then expect it to be okay?? I am never doing that in real life, so wouldn't it make sense that my body is like, "WTF??" and may not handle it well?   Well, that at least gives me hope that even if I get the diagnosis of GD that it may be okay day to day. I am also skeptical of the "diabetic diet" that the hospital might talk to me about. I...
I am 30 weeks right now and in the hospital on bed rest for placenta previa (and vasa previa) and they did the glucose test last week and it was insanely high - like 200. They thought it was probably from a betamethasone shot I got a few days earlier, so no one was worried and we retested yesterday. My numbers were still at 175 (below 130-140 is normal), so I have to do the 4-hour test.    I have no risk factors. My pre-pregnancy weight was 100 pounds (now I'm...
Cynthiamoon - so glad you chimed in! And I am in Denver too!! That's awesome that you got cleared for a vaginal birth. So, will you be delivering at the birthing center or did they risk you out (I've heard they are pretty quick to risk out)? And great that you had no bleeds AND that your placenta has some movement. You give me hope :)   You are right, having to let go of those pieces of your "perfect" birth can be devastating. Especially when you are feeling pitied...
Hi all! Glad to know I'm not alone :)   The toughest choice I have going on right now is on Monday, if I haven't bled again, they will let me go home if I want. I have NO idea what I'm going to choose. I can think of 10 good reasons for each way. I know there's not a right way and that both paths have sacrifices, but I just don't have clarity yet about what to do. Hopefully that clarity will come Monday :)   Unuselyriver - did the docs ever say that your uterine...
I know this is pretty rare, so I don't know if anyone else is in my boat. I am 29 weeks and in the hospital for a complete previa. I've had two bleeds that were fairly minor, but enough to land me here. We re-evaluate on Monday and see if I can go home or not (barring anymore bleeding - 3 strikes you're in here for the remainder of the pregnancy). I've been in here for 9 days without bleeding and it is quite the roller coaster. The kicker is that everyone tells me that...