or Connect

Posts by happy2bamama

Awww, hugs   I know, the internet can be a blessing and a curse.  I talked to a midwife last night and she suggested getting a blood test to see my hcg and progesterone levels so that at least I'd have some information.  There's not necessarily anything to do either way, but at least I would know something.  I was torn about if I wanted to do that because what I really wanted to do was get it out of my head and not stress about it (or get any tests).  But nature saved me...
Thanks for all the love :)  And right back at cha too!   The Dollar Tree tests are totally primative!  But I'm with ya, for a dollar, they're awesome.  And they alleviate that "I just spent $10 for nothing!" guilt for when we break down and have to test.  I still haven't tested with FMU.  Perhaps if and when I test next I should do it the "right way."  Comforting to hear about your friend not getting her BFP until 2 weeks late!  I am trying my best to put this out of...
Well, it sounds like your symptoms might be slowly coming on with those "ginormous" boobs!!  I know what you mean about that sneaky &*%^$!  I actually went to the dollar store today and bought three tests (I still can't believe the Dollar store sells pregnancy tests).  And now I know why they're a dollar - because you have to pee in a cup and then use a dropper!  So, I gave in and tested today after yoga and again, it was negative.  Not even any sort of faint line.  This...
Hey there - I am basically in the same boat as you and it's driving me NUTS!  I am on CD31 and I'm usually 27-28 days.  About 5 days ago, I started having really sore boobs (especially my nipples, sorry TMI) and when I hug people, it noticeably hurts.  I even try to talk myself out of thinking I'm pregnant and then bam, I hug someone and it kills.  I also have heartburn after everything I eat, this empty hungry feeling all the time and I have lots of whitish cervical...
Bluedaisy - know that either choice will have a sacrifice.  The question is, which sacrifice are you more willing to make?  What choice feels better in your gut?  What choice will have you looking back with joy rather than regret?  Often times, we want to make the "right" decision, but as you know with birthing and parenting, there is never a right decision, just the one that we make :)
Hello -   Janet Schwab is a local Certified Nurse Midwife.  I believe she's the only CNM that does home birth.  She has tons of varied experience.  Here is her website...   http://www.2eachherown.com/   Good luck!   Best, Brandy  Birthing From Within Mentor www.mothernurturedenver.com
Yes to all of this.  I couldn't agree more.  He is a man who made choices and is it not okay for him to punish you for them.  Does your DH do this with other things too?  Aside from him not supporting this pregnancy, does he support you in life (not monetarily, but emotionally)?  Does he bring love into your home and life at least sometimes?  Do you kids feel that he resents them?     My read on him having this agreement with himself that kids these days cannot share...
There is a supplement company that's wonderful (Dr. Christiane Northrup is part of it) and they have shakes and energy bars that are all certified low-glycemic.  I don't know if you like any of that stuff, but if you wanted to make a smoothie and use their shake powder as a base, that might be a good choice.  Or even have some of the bars on hand (and they taste REALLY good - and are gluten free too - the peanut butter chocolate one is amazing).  This company is great...
Wow.  Hugs to you mama      I don't know if this will help at all with DH, but he CHOSE to put his penis inside you (sorry, but I'm getting down to brass tacks here!) without any protection.  He is no victim.  Nobody did anything unfair to him.  He consented.  And now you are pregnant.  So once again, he has another CHOICE.  He can choose to abandon you and this new baby or he can choose love.  Perhaps you could somehow explain to him what he's really doing?  I...
Hi gals - I just came across this article that I thought I'd share :)   http://www.mothernurturedenver.com/?p=103