or Connect

Posts by happy2bamama

Yeah, it depends on the person. Some people are suited for vegetarianism and some are not. It's interesting that Chinese Medicine believes that meat (quality meat) has such healthy properties. When our acupuncturist told us for him to try meat to help his sperm, I said something like, "Wow, I would've thought Chinese Medicine would've promoted vegetarianism..." and she replied with something like, "Yeah, we were all vegans before we went to acupuncture school and now...
Would he consider adding meat and seeing if his sperm got better? I know there are plenty of vegetarians out there who would say no way. But it would be interesting to see what happened :)
Oh yes, I forgot about the Vitamin C and E. Is your DH a vegetarian too?
Hi all,   I just wanted to share something with you, in case it might help. My husband and I have been TTC #2 for about two years. We got tested this last summer and his SA came back below average - not terrible, but not good. Per the doctor's orders, he started taking vitamins - L Carnatine, Zinc and Vitamin D3 - and his numbers got up to the just normal range. His count was fine, it was his morphology and motility that were sub-par.   This was our second month...
Thank you all so much for sharing your stories (and tips and tactics)! I am realizing how much of a journey this is rather than a quick fix. Honestly, 6-8 IUI's might be past my limit - I am so inspired and amazed by how you all kept keeping on.   Interesting about Femera being easier to tolerate than Clomid. Last month, I was CRAZY on Clomid, but so far this month, I haven't even noticed it.   I love the idea of having a treat if we're not pregnant each month. A...
Thank you ladies, for your replies :) It is inspiring to know that it can work.    Wishin'&hopin' - how did you hang in there for 8 IUI's? Did you ever get down about all the time commitment, hormonal roller coaster, cost, etc.? Aside from the waiting being hard, knowing that the next however many months are going to be spent on a hormonal roller coaster is not my favorite thing.    For both of you, is there any wisdom that you have not that you're looking back?...
Hi there,   I am posting this here instead of in the infertility forum since I am looking for some insight from some IUI graduates :)   I would love to know how many IUIs it took for you to conceive and also, how did you cope during the end of the TWW (or in general)?!   After 2+ years of waiting and hoping while TTC naturally, we are going the IUI route. We did two this last month and they didn't work (I'm not pregnant). All my numbers and anatomy are great...
  I finally gave in yesterday and counted and to my surprise, I was way earlier in my cycle than I thought. So much for that!    This morning I sort of fell apart a bit. I have been having all sorts of things going on this last week that all point to being pregnant. Even though I tend to be cautious and don't read anything into what I'm feeling, this past week has felt different for a variety of reasons. What made me fall apart is that I noticed some pink watery and brown...
dakipode - hugs to you Sometimes a pity party is just what the doctor ordered. Seriously, trying to be zen has its own set of side effects and I feel like having the pity party or breakdown dissipates the "keep it together" mentality (in a healthy way).   I wanted to ask you about Clomid - I can't remember if you went into specifics here about it (and I'm sorry if you did and I don't remember) - do you know that you have something going on that Clomid would be of a...
POKEY!! Yay!! You made it to contestant row!! It's so inspiring seeing people get their BFP - wishing you the best :)