or Connect

Posts by happy2bamama

A few friends of mine recently had babies (like myself - DS is 5 months old). One of them is my best friend from growing up and honestly, if she did everything the opposite of me, I'd still love her and want to spend time with her. But, how do you deal with those other friends or acquaintance-like friends who parent differently from you? I consider myself accepting and I can usually find a way to get past differences and find at least something in common, but it's hard...
Yes, my 5-month-old does something similar to this sometimes. Like a pp said, he will nurse, then roll over, then I'll flip him back, he'll nurse, then roll over... you get the idea. Thankfully he's not really crying, but just rubbing his eyes and making noises here and there. I have to be patient and keep turning him back until eventually he'll be so tired that he'll just nurse and fall asleep. Sometimes it takes more than 10 rounds of this, but I have to have faith...
Of course, the second I post about something (like DS's napping, for instance), something else goes haywire! Last night DS woke up every hour which he's NEVER done before : I'm starting to think that there's something bigger at work here, like he's getting a tooth or about to crawl or some other milestone because it's like I can't count on anything being "normal" these days. I think I will stop trying to figure it out so much and just go with the flow (Subliime - I...
Quote: Originally Posted by babygirlmelly what time does your dc go to bed? and wake at night? He goes to bed anywhere from 6:30-8:00pm. If he was really sleepy when we nursed to sleep, he will usually wake up again a few hours later since he didn't get a full feeding (around 9:30-10pm). Then, when DH and I come to bed (around 11 or midnight), he will sometimes wake again a feed a bit. The rest is a bit hazy because I try not to watch the...
Quote: Originally Posted by birdie22 This is just a thought... my ds sometimes sleeps much more soundly when we're travelling or really busy. I think his little brain is so full of new experiences that he will sleep for a good long time. It's just temporary of course! We just got back from a weekend family visit, and he slept unusually well (in a hotel king-size bed with us). This same thing happened to us about a week ago. We went on a trip...
Quote: Originally Posted by poep Are you all staying home for all of the naps? For the past month, it is much easier to get DS to nap if we take him for a walk in the Ergo (which we LOVE - so much better than the Bjorn). But recently, I've been trying to get him to nurse down like we did before and he's been back on track with that the past few days which is so nice because some days I do not have the energy to do a big...
Quote: Originally Posted by Subliime I'm interested in this one. My dd is just now 5 mo but she has been taking several shorter naps rather than 2 or 3 longer naps like ususal. It's driving me insane. Wow, it's funny that our babies are the same age, but we're on opposite napping schedules! Aside from when he was really little, DS has always done the several shorter naps, but now that we seem to be transitioning into less frequent, longer...
My DS is 5 months old and lately it feels tough to get his normal three naps in. Because he can be awake for so much longer now, it feels like three naps is too many, but I am trying to navigate this by his needs. So, the past couple of days, he has taken an morning nap (about an hour and a half after he wakes up) and then about three hours later he'll take a longer afternoon nap (about two hours long), so there's no time (or need) for the late afternoon nap. Then he...
I am waiting to hear what other people post about where they had their baby sleep after they were crawling or if there was some way they made it work in the bed still... The only thing that I can comment on is the nightime routine part. My DS is almost 5 months old and for about a month and a half we've had a nighttime routine that has been fabulous. Anywhere from 6:30-8:00 pm (depending on when he took his last nap and how tired he is), we either give him a bath...
Quote: Originally Posted by nylecoj IMO, it's not the crib or the co-sleeping, it's the baby. : My advice is to get a little creative and see what could work better, like a pp suggested, having DC in a crib for the first stretch and then co-sleep or maybe the other way around. We co-sleep with our 4-month-old DS and love it because it's working for us right now, but I have told myself that if it ever gets to where it's not working, I have...