or Connect

Posts by happy2bamama

Quote: Originally Posted by MommytoHHH The only thing I'm finding difficult is rolling over during the night to switch nursing sides. She's getting so heavy and big that it's hard for me to do my lazy roll over move, so now I have to wake up a little more to deal with moving us around (oh the horrors) In case you've never tried it, I wanted to tell you that I co-sleep and nurse without rolling over at all. I can do either breast on either...
Thanks for all of your responses - it's good to know there are other mamas out there getting the "Oh, he's/she's so big/advanced..." thing! Actually, tonight someone said, "What is he, about 7 or 8 months?" (he's 4 months). I am soooooo happy to hear that the growing tapers off because I was imagining our little guy in adult diapers. And, I too want to be able to hold him and wear him forever (okay, that's not realistic, but...) so I'm glad he'll even out...
My DS is 4 months old and is a tall guy. He's off the charts for height and is close behind in weight. He's almost 28 inches and weighs 17lbs. 9oz. It all makes sense because DH is 6' 6", but sometimes it feels strange since I'm only 5' 6" and weigh around 105 lbs.! When I'm holding DS in public, I feel like sometimes people think I'm the babysitter instead of the the mom! I can't imagine how big he's going to be by his first birthday. I hope I will have the arm...
I would think that the area above your urethra that hurts is your pubic bone and it's totally normal for that to be sore. There is a soft cartilage holding your pelvis together and when you're pregnant, it softens so that your pelvis can open, but of course, the shifting affects all of your other bones down there too and I think that what you're feeling is your pubic bone now that everything's going back to how it was. Shifting bones are definitely going to cause some...
I mentioned this to my lactation consultant at a WBV and she said, "Nursing is a tough job - sometimes it can take a lot of work and make babies sweat." Just thought I'd pass it on.
Thanks for the quick info! I thought I had heard something about not putting in on really young babies. Well, I guess it's on with the layers or out of the sun for DS P.S. How did mothers do it before there was the internet and you could look up the answers to all your nagging little questions that popped up everyday?
My 4-month-old DS sleeps between DH and I. At first, we had a bolster/speed-bump-type thing between DH and DS, but it felt like we were too separated, so we ditched it and we love being next to each other now. I think the biggest issue here is what size is your bed? We have a king, so DS is never right up against DH (unless DS rolls over there which has been happening a lot lately ) DH is a hard sleeper, so sometimes I get a bit worried that his arm will come crashing...
Is it okay to use sunscreen on a baby (my DS is 4 months old)? DH and I wear him for walks and I want to make sure he's protected from the sun without dressing him in a ton of clothes since he's already a hot guy and the weather is getting warmer, fast! Sorry if this has already been covered somewhere - I searched for old threads about this and dug through 7 pages of listings, but couldn't find this exact question. Thanks!
My DS is 4 months old and loves standing (with our assitance, of course) and kicking, so I bought him one of those bouncy things that attaches above to the door frame. The one I got is from that brand Sassy from BRU. I put DS in it and at first, he loved that he could stand and I could be a few feet in front of him and we could smile at each other, but I don't know that he "got" the idea of bouncing in it really. I had it adjusted to the correct height and DS bounced...
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyaW I wish this worked, but it doesn't. He doesn't stay latched on in the side lying position for more than a few seconds. I have to relatch him over and over. Hmmm... what about if you were on your side, but sort of tilted so that your boob hung down above him? That way, all he'd have to do is lay on his back and open wide?! But yes, this would probably not be super comfortable for you. My DS has...