or Connect

Posts by happy2bamama

How does your midwife know how big your baby will be?? Do not listen to her - what if you end up birthing a 6 pounder? All that worrying for nothing. I've heard of so many docs trying to predict the baby's size and being really off. I know this isn't THAT big, but I birthed an 8-pound baby at home and I am pretty tiny - I weighed 100 pounds before I got pregnant. I did have some tearing, but only because I pushed like crazy during one contraction. Like everyone...
TonyaW - When you are trying to nurse him to sleep, do you do it in a side-lying position or while sitting up? If you're not doing it side-lying, I recommend trying it because the babe will already be lying down and hopefully that will help to get him to sleep. Also, I'm not sure if you're co-sleeping, but nursing babies to sleep and co-sleeping go hand in hand, so I would try that too. HTH
eco_mama - thanks for the tip about the parabens. I picked up some tablets today!
Quote: Originally Posted by momtokaili How are you able to sleep and nurse with your DC in between you all night? Do people actually use the same breast for night nursing every night, all night? I don't just nurse DS on one boob all night (think of how funny that one engorged boob would look in the morning - they need a smilie for that image!) - like a pp said, you can do either boob while lying on one side. For the first two weeks of DS's...
Yes - I have this same issue - you are not alone! I am 4-months PP and I so remember that heavy feeling right at the vaginal opening. In fact, I thought my cervix was a clot that wouldn't come out (sorry if that's TMI). I thought the feeling would just go away and it did get better by itself - after about 3 weeks I could no longer see the tip of my cervix hanging out. At my 6 week MW appointment, she said, "Whoa, your cervix is right there!" but didn't really say much...
Oh sweetheart, I feel for you. I was in this very same boat about 4 months ago. I almost went crazy with trying to find a way out of having to make the decision to have a CS - and it really didn't even feel like I did have a choice, I felt like it was being decided for me. I know what you mean about trying to be at peace with it. I was going from doing a homebirth to possibly having to have a C-Section and I just COULD NOT wrap my head around that. Thankfully, I...
DH and I co-sleep with DS who is 4 months old. DS sleeps in between DH and I - that way we know he won't roll out of there. DS sleeps just a tad bit lower than we do (at breast height so I can just insert boob without really having to wake up and move him). For covers, we use our regular top sheet and comforter and we always make sure it's not too high up on DS - picture it looking like a V - DH and I are covered on each side, but in the middle the covers are...
We use the Hyland's teething gel instead of tablets and it seems to calm DS down. But, I'm curious... do you mama's think the tablets work better than the gel? Is there a reason you chose the tablets?
Yes - I saw this on Oprah months ago and bought the DVD (which was something like $65!) It was definitely helpful to DH and I since we were first time parents. But, I recommend finding a clip of her on Oprah because she basically says everything that's on the DVD while she's on Oprah (so then you save 65 smackers). We didn't really learn anything new from the DVD - just more examples of babies' cries. The sound that was the most helpful to us was the "eh" sound -...
Everyone - thanks so much for all of your posts. I am so grateful that there's a forum like this where I can post a question (or questions, in my case) and receive help from other mamas like myself. leerypolyp and alegna - it's funny that you guys mention that about my DH going to PT with me... this whole bottle thing has been a constant topic of conversation between DH and I for a few days and just this morning he suggested that he could just accompany me to PT and...