or Connect

Posts by happy2bamama

Off topic for one quick second - Sagesgirl - I forgot to mention... you had me at river boat. That alone does not sound fun much less making leis out of garbage bags. I think I would actully enjoy the drunk part as to make me hopefully forget where I was and what I was doing. I have to agree about the beauty of having an excuse to get out of ridiculous things, especially if you have a ridiculous famiy. Okay, back to bottles...
Ruthla - thanks for reminding me that it gets better as they get older. I sometimes forget that the stage we're in right at this very moment will not last forever! Sagesgirl - I know what you mean about not wanting to be separated from DS - I'm not looking to get away from my DS at all - I love having a buddy with me and of course, love him to pieces, but I just don't want to feel like I'm on Supermarket Sweep on those occasions I go to the grocery store alone!
Mommy21princess - I know what you mean about your FF, bottle-fed family! It hadn't dawned on me until you said it, but one of the reasons I don't even want to even introduce one itsy bitsy teeny weeny bottle is because I know my mom (who did NOT BF me) will do an "I told you so" about bottle-feeding and won't shut about about what a "wonderful bonding experience it is for dad and baby." I don't disagree about the bonding, but that is her justification for not BF me, so...
Yellowpansy - thanks so much for your thoughtful post. I can imagine that it felt great to be able to go to PT and (gasp) out with friends! I currently am getting PT for a mild uterine prolapse and it is a bit of a stress because DS is with me when I go and it's about 45 minutes away and once I'm there I have to entertain DS when he needs and also try to focus on exercises and what my trainer is teaching me. I can't leave DS at home because with driving there and back...
Angela: Thanks for your quick response! - do you think that giving DS a bottle as rare as once a month could give him nipple confusion and lead to him refusing to BF? Have you heard of instances in which this happened? Also, how did you deal with never using a bottle... did you ever feel anxious about not being able to be away from your DC for more than a couple of hours? I want to BF as long as DS wants to, but I also don't want to jeopardize our BF relationship...
Hello - my 4-month-old DS is EBF. I have always intended that I would NOT use bottles and instead always use my breast since I'm now a SAHM and with DS all of the time anyway. I'm not a big fan of doing things differently with DS only in the name of convenience - that's why I've never considered pumping and using bottles. I guess I feel like I chose to have a baby and so I shouldn't be too busy to give him my breast (whether that's rational or not... I'm guessing it's...
Wendylady - I hear you about the diapers! We were doing cloth and we really did like them for a while, but then we were waking up with soaked sheets and made the switch. Also, I think because we were using cloth diapers for a while, I was used to changing his diaper really frequently (which isn't a bad thing), so I think sometimes I just feel like his disposables need to be changed because that's what I was used to doing, but he could probably go much longer in them and...
Wendylady - Thanks for the tip about the Pampers Swaddlers. You said your DS is pretty dry in the morning - is he nursing a bunch at night like my DS? I am also a big fan of taking that first nap with my DS - once I see his eyes shut I am like, "Yes!!!" and then I snuggle in and pray for more than an hour of sleep. Quote: Originally Posted by wendylady It's hard, but it's certainly gotten better since the beginning, hasn't it? That's what I tell...
christianmama - thank you so much for your reply! Those sound like great ideas - I love the phrase and introducing a "lovey." Do you think 4 months is too early for the "lovey?" I agree about trying to put the baby down at the first sign of tiredness - sometimes that works great and I feel amazed that he went down so easy and quietly, but you know, then there are those times when you've tried everything for two hours and are like, "Okay, maybe he's just not tired!" ...
You and I are in the same boat! I posted a few days ago and got some good info - here's a link... http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=662236 I feel your exhaustion! And the thing that's tough about it for me is that DS is also teething pretty bad, so it's like a tornado hit us - we're all out of sorts. The past few days I've been feeling like, "Okay, I need to change something - how can we make him sleep better? What books can I read? What methods can...