or Connect

Posts by happy2bamama

Do not worry! My DS learned to roll onto his tummy at 3 months and he started sleeping so much better (except now that he's teething)! And even my ped told me that the whole SIDS and sleeping on the belly thing are not related and that I should not worry and you know that would never come out of a peds mouth if it wasn't true (since they're usually always trying to cover their asses)! If your babe can lift his own head up even a little bit (which I think even most...
You are smart to be looking into this now (I wish I had). I posted a few weeks ago about my two kitties and their issues. Here is the link if you're interested... http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=654534 I doubt you'll have the same issues we did, but one thing that I think would help for you to do IF you're planning on co-sleeping AND if your cat (or dog, for that matter) sleeps in the bed with you, I would start to curtail that now - sad, I know, but...
Hoopin' Mama - I would love to be able to wake up before DS to get some personal time - that's a good idea. But most of the time I am especially tired in the morning, so I don't know if I'll be able to do that until he's sleeping just a little bit better. About the cloth diapers... the funny thing is that we had been using cloth diapers until about a month ago and we made the switch to disposables because we were waking up to wet sheets with the cloth. We were using...
Angela - so when does it get better in between those times? Does is stay like this until he's 5 months and only give me a month break until 6 months hits? Thanks!
Wouldn't you know, I got greedy and wanted DS to sleep more and what did he do last night... wake up even more! This whole thing is so puzzling because there's not just one thing that I attribute his waking to. It's probably teething, having just learned to roll over, wanting to crawl, normal growing, being more aware, gas, possibly being hungry etc. etc. : I think I am just going to keep doing what I've been doing and accept that this is how it is. Yes, I am tired, I...
My DS learned to roll the other way - back to tummy - at 3 months. Although I am proud of my little overachiever (who is also just days away from crawling!!), I so quickly went from having a baby that I hold in my arms and is pretty mellow to a baby that wants to be down on the ground rolling over, scooting and practicing crawling everywhere we go! Having dinner out is now a little different with a squirmer. It seems like that changed everything - nursing in the cradle...
My DS is almost 4 months old and although I am grateful for how easy he is at night, I am looking for ideas or tips on how I can possibly get him to sleep for longer stretches. : He usually goes down anywhere from 6:30pm to 8:30pm and then wakes when we come to bed (we co-sleep) around 11pm or midnight. I feed him, burp him and change him and then we go to sleep until he usually wakes up again around 2:30am. He is VERY easy to nurse back to sleep and often times I...
Not sure, but it could be that she wants to roll over or at least try to roll over and is getting frustrated that she can't yet which only makes the whole situation harder since she's trying to fall asleep and sounds like she's working herself up instead. I have a very active 3.5 month old DS who, until a week or so ago, was arching his back all the time because he wanted to keep rolling over, which he recently learned how to do. Instead of trying to get her to fall...
As far as your friend getting mad when you tell her that her kids sleeping through the night is not the norm and she's lucky... it might be that she wants to consider that her kids sleeping so well at night was NOT just luck, but something that she specifically did, so perhaps that's why she gets upset. Maybe she feels like you are insinuating that there's no way she could've helped her kids to sleep like that and that it's purely luck and no skill (which very well might...
Thanks for all the info. It seems to me that it's like most parenting issues - it's just up to what I (and my baby) feel comfortable with. Waiting until their 6 months old seems arbitrary to me since babies are at different physical stages even though they can be the same age. I think we might try it soon or at least take it out of the box to see how far back it reclines. I think that is the real issue right now - if it reclines well, I'll feel okay about it, but if he...