or Connect

Posts by Sharon

Stop the Krispy Kreme talk! They just opened a store in June that is only about 5 minutes from us!!! To make matters worse, it shares a parking lot with our favorite home improvement store and we just bought a house in June so we go there often! AND it's right around the corner from BIL and SIL's house. (They have threatened to move!) We've been really good and probably only had about 4 or 5, but it's SO hard to resist when you are in the parking lot and it smells...
I second the papaya recommendation. My heartburn came and went and came and went, but whenever I took papaya, I had no problem! Take it before your meal and if you're feeling uncomfy afterwards, take some more. I was also told you cant' take too much.
Smeta, I would assume you're supposed to put the pads directly on your skin since the witch hazel is supposed to help with perineal healing. Maybe let it thaw a little or ??? I don't know if they would stick to your skin or not. I hadn't thought of that part. I'm just freezing some and taking them to the birth center and sticking them in their freezer when I go. I figure the midwives would help with how to actually use them. Maybe just the material that pads are...
I just got an email from Motherwear.com saying they are having a 60% off sale on nursing clothes. Ends 8/10.
I've had a couple crampy contractions like I was having last night, but they aren't at all regular. The midwives said it's pretty common to go on like this for a couple nights before labor really kicks in. I'm under orders to get lots of rest during the next couple days just incase I have several nights of bad sleep in a row. So I rented FOUR movies and borrowed some meditation music from my doula. Our first load of diapers gets delivered today! I was just asking...
I too was convinced labor was starting last night. I've had lots of BH all along (since about month 4) and in the last month or two, they have gotten much stronger and more frequent...but never regular. Yesterday around 1:00pm, I was reading and realized that they were coming every couple minutes. I started glancing at my watch - about 10 minutes apart. That continued for the rest of the day. I finally went to bed around 10pm (and then stayed up until midnight...
Luckymomma, It's still (barely) Aug. 3 here...just noticed it's your anniversary! Happy anniversary! RachelMolly, I'm birthing in a birth center with a midwife. I have a friend who is due in Sept who is birthing in the hospital with an OB because she's just really freaked out about something bad happening. When we first talked about it, I wanted to try to convince her that my way is better/safer. But the more we talked, the more I realized that she has to birth...
I've heard of wonderful results from acupuncture and moxy(?) sticks...it's a cigar shaped bundle of herbal stuff (like incense) that you burn and hold by your foot after being treated with acupuncture. Sounds REALLY bizarre, but my yoga teacher said that the results have been so good (I want to say 80-something percent) that Western medicine is starting to use it.
Kaje, I just don't see what the problem is...your due date is RIGHT around the corner! I fully support your decision to get out and do some of those things that you want to do!...including switching clinics! We went to a baseball game last night and I was SURE that climbing up all those stairs to get to our seats was going to induce labor! I also had spicey food for dinner. Oh well. No such luck. (But I was glad that my water didn't break at the game!)
I did get a haircut the other day and WOW that was great! Cinnamonamon, you're too funny! I think the hardest part is getting my mind off of all the changes my body is going through and just getting on with my day. Part of me wants to just sit at home all day and rest and wait, but I know I need to keep up some kind of normal routine or else I'll drive myself crazy...especially if the baby decides to stay put past my due date!