or Connect

Posts by Sharon

Kathy-jo, what a yucky yucky day for you! But I agree with Luckymomma, let out all your frustrations and then trust your instincts. It sounds like you have a good grasp on what you want and what feels right. Stick with it and remember that YOU are the one who makes all the final decisions about your body and your baby. Do you have a doula or someone else who knows a lot about birth that can really advocate for you once you do go into labor? Pavlina, here's to your...
thanks everyone! These are great suggestions. I think I'll definitely rent a bunch of movies...that's about all I have energy for in the evenings! I don't have a baby book yet, so maybe I'll go hunt one down (hey, that means a trip to the bookstore! )
Skye's Mama! Congratulations on the twins! What a surprise, I'm sure! I haven't had an ultrasound at all and people keep saying, "but what if there are twins? How would you know?" Well, I'm pretty sure I only have one, but yes, it would be a bit of a surprise!! It sounds like you're doing a great job preparing and taking care of yourself. You'll have a wonderful birth with wonderful healthy babies!!! It's AUGUST!!! I woke up this morning feeling like a little girl...
for what it's worth, I started a thread on "life with babe" asking current moms for ideas on things to do in these last days before the baby arrives... I figured that moms with babies would have a list of things they wish they had done before their free time was severely limited! I have been SO cranky and uncomfortable today. The baby feels SO low. I can't even sit comfortably. Now I'm hoping labor starts just to get this bowling ball out from my pelvis! LOTS of bh...
I'm due in about 2 weeks and I feel like we're more or less ready for the baby to arrive. For the last couple days, I've found myself not quite knowing what to do with myself. (sounds crazy, I know!!) I need some suggestions for what to do to get my mind off of every little twinge in my body. So...what would you mamas do if you had some free time with no kids around? No house cleaning suggestions, please! We moved recently and I've spent the last month unpacking and...
I'm pale and blonde and my husband is filipino - heavy on the hispanic heritage. We spend SO much time talking about what our baby might look like! Our biggest joke right now is that the kid is doomed in the hair department. John's family all has premature grey and my dad started losing his hair in college. So the kid will either be bald or grey or both! What have we done! Mamabeard, I asked my midwives yesterday about strange short shooting pains that I've...
My neighbor likes to tell me exactly what I should be doing in all parts of my life - eating, resting, exercising, working, etc. The ridiculous part is that he's a guy who has NO experience with birth or pregnancy. DRIVES ME WILD! We just adopted my parents' cats because they are remodeling their house and don't want them around anymore. My neighbor comes over and tells me what a horrible idea it was becuase they are going to be jealous of the baby and pee on...
Congratulations Birdwomyn and Nostrow!!! YAY!!!!! I'm feeling SO close. The midwives confirmed today that the baby's head is really deep down in my pelvis. They didn't do an internal today so I don't know how much more dialated I am, but from my descriptions of different sensations, they're guessing that I'm continuing to efface and dialate! Just from feeling the baby, they are guessing about 7lbs. Sounds good to me! Wooby, cool that you found your cervix,...
ahhhh, I just got a haircut and I feel great! I called this morning and they had an appointment available so I rushed in. EXACTLY what I needed to do! And I discovered that those cape things they wrap you up in would make GREAT maternity clothes!! My bro-in-law was over this morning and made some crack about my shirt getting a little on the small side. : So it was nice to be able to hide under the cape and avoid comments for a little while! ....then I went to the...
Mamasoleil! That's horrible news about the midwife! My mom had a brain aneurysm almost 3 years ago and she's still in a nursing facility (they think she had a stroke or two after the initial surgery). I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I certainly can't believe all the ups and downs you've been through trying to plan for your birth. I wish the very best to all of you! Nostrow, that's SO exciting! I'll be thinking lots of strong and happy birth thoughts for you...