or Connect

Posts by Sharon

Hi. I haven't posted since before Christmas (I think...memory is going!). I've had BAD all day sickness so just haven't really been too thrilled with writing about how I'm feeling/doing. It's been easier to just call friends and share the news and try to not think about being sick all the time. BUT I'm happy to say that the last 3 days have shown signs of improvement. I'm scared I'm jinxing myself, but while I'm still throwing up, it has lessened and the very thought...
I don't go to the grocery store or even into the kitchen! I'll be 9 weeks on Wednesday, but I've been sick since week 5. It's really amazing to me how everyone reacts so differently. DH loves balsamic vinegar on his salad....it makes me run screaming the opposite direction! But gummy bears have been ok! Really, I'm pretty limited to dairy products, fruit and cereal. Oranges and OJ are really good, but I have to eat something else with them or it comes back up again. ...
Congratulations Kathy!!! That's so exciting! Happy holidays to everyone! I hope we can all dredge up the energy to get through it all! We're getting ready to drive 14 hours to my parents' house. We love the road trip normally, but this year, I'm not so eager....why didn't we buy plane tickets?! Have fun everyone and I'll be back in the new year!!
I'm right there with you Annais! I've been feeling pretty crappy for almost 2 weeks. My midwife told me to eat whatever sounds good and instead of taking my prenatal vitamin (hard on stomach) she told me to try to drink my vitamins...ie. drink good fruit juices or whatever you think will help get some of the vitamins. I feel a bit better since stopping the vitamin and am (maybe) eating a bit better too. I still have to force feed myself though. Nothing sounds good, but...
I had my first real pre-natal appointment today (before just getting to know you kinds of meetings). I'm convinced that our midwives are going to be wonderful!!! We were there for 1.5 hours talking talking talking. She made me feel SO much better about not eating super well right now. She just kept saying that I need to eat what I'm able to keep down. She even told me not to take my pre-natal vitamins if that's making it worse! And we discussed other ways to get all...
ok ok, I'll relax a little! I just wanted to be pregnant a couple months ago (don't we all!) and am looking for any little reason why I'm not. DH keeps saying, "well, it's really only been 3 months that we've known what we are doing!" I understand my cycle WAY better now so hopefully that will help. I just can't get over how poorly educated I was about my body until I read TCOYF!! My junior high health class was TERRIBLE! We'll see what happens. I think today...
I've been charting for about three months now (well, three months where I actually did everything correctly!) and I've discovered that I have creamy then eggwhite cervical mucus from day 17-20(ish) and then it stops but my temps don't rise. I'm dry for about 2 days and then I get ewcm again for about 2 days and then my temps rise. Seems like a classic delayed ovulation according to TCOYF, but it seems to happen every month. Any ideas why? We've been TTC for 7 months. ...
I don't have any children, but 1.5 years ago a friend asked if I wanted to be at her birth. Thrilled with the invitation, I accepted. I knew so very very little about childbirth at the time, but she said I was wonderful and I really helped her relax when things got tough. As for me, I was hooked. Birth is AMAZING. I've read more birth books in the last year than most people do in their entire lives! I have a job that I really love, but I'm seriously considering...
No kids yet, but when we got married, I did end up changing my name. I like the idea of the family having the same name and I hate hyphenations (just personal preference). DH offered to take my name, but that seemed like a huge hassle. So I took my maiden name as my middle name. It's a custom in his family to give the mother's maiden name as the kids' middle name. So we'll do that. We also agreed that if we have a daughter, her first name will be my middle name...