or Connect

Posts by Sharon

Mamasoleil, where are the uterus pressure points on your feet? If we press them should that help labor get started?!
I've tried feeling my cervix 2x and can't. My midwife did an internal exam on Thursday and said I'm really soft and starting to dialate so that makes it really hard to find. I don't think she had to reach up TOO far...I didn't feel like she was jamming her whole hand in. I'm counting on the full moon doing something!!! I've heard lots of people say the moon cycles play a big part in menstration and birth. I was having some menstral like cramping last night and I...
we're slacking, ladies...I had to go to the second page of threads to find this one! That hasn't happened in awhile! Traixa, hang in there and keep believing that things will work out. I had a bit of a panic attack in the spring. My dh is employed, but it's only commission and there are times when he goes months without a paycheck. We were considering buying a house and it just wasnt' looking like it was possible. There were just SO many things that seemed to be...
With your first baby, how long before birth did your baby drop? (I hear it's REALLY different with 2nd/+ babies) I'm 3 weeks from my due date and at my midwife appointment yesterday, she said the head was partially engaged. Last night I felt a lot of movement in my pelvis and when I tried to stand up, I felt like I had a bowling ball sitting on my pelvis! So I think it dropped even more. I'm also about 1 cm dialated, super soft cervix and it's starting to tilt...
mamasoleil, do you feel like a yo-yo yet? I'd be going crazy with all the back and forth between all the different opinions you're getting. BUT it sounds like you've reached some kind of plan that everyone is comfortable with. YAY. I love hearing everyone's nesting stories! Makes me feel a bit more normal. I keep swearing that I'm NOT nesting, but dh just laughs. I guess maybe I am...a little. For those of you with insomnia, don't feel too bad. I'm able to...
I love your story Colorful Mama!!! (Colorful baby too! ) I can't believe the August births are starting! It's just way too exciting! I had a midwife appointment today and told them about all the braxton hicks I've been having and then described the lower cramping/poking feeling I felt last night for about 5 contractions. I asked if she would do an internal exam just out of curiosity. I'm 1cm dialated, cervix is starting to tilt forward (or whatever direction it is...
Ohhhh! He's adorable!!! Congratulations! I'm due only a week after you so your story really makes it feel very real! I love the big sister pictures! They look so proud.
I can't believe that Colorful Mama had her baby! She's only due a week ahead of me...wow! That makes it all seem so much more real. We're all going to have babies soon! Sorry to hear about the dh fights. No fun. Hugs to you all. We had our birth class last night (Birthing From Within - love it!) and she said next week we're talking about the impact of a new baby on the marriage. We all groaned and admitted it's probably a good thing to discuss... I'm...
your uterus contracts even when you aren't pregnant. Everyone feels (or doesn't feel) them at different points in your pregnancy. I've had a TON and my midwives say that it's only a sign of labor if they become painful.
I'm in Seattle, not quite as pricey as some parts of CA, but not a cheap area either. Our doula is $550 and she's REALLY experienced. She's also a licensed RN...never worked as a nurse, just did the schooling. I would probably keep looking if I were you. I'm sure you can find someone who is cheaper and still experienced. In the meantime, I agree with Pavlina, search within yourself for strength and confidence. You can do it!!