or Connect

Posts by Sharon

Darcy, what great news! Congratulations! It's going to feel SO good to get home. What a thrill to be able to start breastfeeding! YAY!!! I'm right there with all you non-sleepers! Our kitty did come home last night....at 2:30am! We camped out by the front and back doors which we left open...not the most comfy sleeping arrangments, but I couldn't bear the thought of him coming home and then leaving again because we didn't notice. And I couldn't really sleep because...
How about this....we bought a new house! Ok ok, not exactly nesting. DH was reading The Birth Partner last night and was convinced that I was nesting because I had done more than one load of laundry that day and unpacked a couple other boxes. I think it's more of a panic attack that everything isn't going to be unpacked before the baby comes.
Mamasoleil, sounds like a much better conversation than before! I hope all the protien makes a difference!! Grow baby grow! Pavlina, I've never heard of Reiki before, but I really like the concept of thinking "certain" thoughts and avoiding the wants/wishes. That makes SO much sense and a good thing to keep in mind as we're waiting for our babies!!! Nikki, I'm pretty shy too, especially when it comes to asking for help. But I've found that most people are pretty...
Kathy, I get that too.... most anything pressing on my tummy gets a nudge. "Hey, it's tight enough in here, don't make it more crowded!" But I must say, that this kid likes to move!!! Yes, I think the movements are different, but probably just as frequent as before. I think they are stronger stretches rather than rolly polly movements. From what I've discussed with other pregnant friends, this kid just moves A LOT. My midwives have told me that it's normal for there...
No sign of the cat yet. We're telling ourselves that since it's a hot day, he's found some nice cool place somewhere and he'll come back tonight. I really really hope so! Mamasoleil, aren't ultrasounds pretty unreliable when it comes to sizing? And if he's growing that much, that sounds reasonable to me! Are they able to tell if the placenta looks healthy? I just happened to overhear a conversation in a baby store yesterday...the woman was saying that her doc...
Just a week ago, we flew my parents' cats up here to have them move in with us. It's been so fun having them and they actually seem to remember me. Last night one of them kept meowing and meowing and so I got up at 1:30 and petted her and she seemed to just want attention. Went back to bed. 3:30 - I finally couldn't stand it anymore. She was still meowing and now she was scratching at our bedroom door. So I got up again thinking maybe she was hungry and giving her...
Luckymomma, I guess today wasn't your lucky day, huh? If it makes you feel better, I had my car towed a couple weeks ago. That was $120 for towing and $38 parking ticket. Parking by my office sucks and I work from home most of the time so I usually just stop by the office for meetings or to pick up/drop off something quickly. Well, one day I just got sucked into a project and COMPLETELY lost track of time. The place that I had parked was only free until 4:00pm. I...
I just got a call from my little bro...he's going to be in town next week for a couple days/week. YAY. One more reason to hope for an early-ish baby! All my family lives far away, so it would be really cool if the baby decided to come while he was here. I'm jealous that all of dh's family lives within 2 hours. I wonder how my bro would react to me in labor! heehee. (He's 20)
Pavlina, I know that I'm convinced that I'm going to have this baby early....but I'm also sure I'll go past my due date just because I'm so excited! But I'm happy to have made it to 37 weeks (or close enough anyway).
I'll be 37 weeks on Wednesday! YAY! I had a baby shower yesterday and it was so much fun. We got almost every outfit in the new Carter line based on "The Very Hungry Caterpillar"! Too cute. I love them. So I'm washing all the baby clothes and blankets and bibs right now. DH and I had so much fun looking at them all last night. One friend gave us a pair of overalls that have little bugs crawling on them. DH just about died...he thinks it's SO cute! I've never seen...