or Connect

Posts by Sharon

I've heard that if you have morning sickness, it means that you probably won't miscarry, but that the reverse ISN'T true (ie. if you have no morning sickness, then you will miscarry - not true). I had terrible morning sickness starting at week 5, lasting through week 13. My sister had no problems at all. So even heredity doesn't seem to play much of a factor... Who knows. The whole thing is a mystery, but if you're feeling good, enjoy it!!! And eat well, because who...
yup, I do have two great midwives. I feel so lucky. We were talking about newborn procedures the other day and basically, they don't do anything unless we request it. They gave us info on Vit. K, don't do Hep B shots (unless mom's a carrier), but they HAVE to do the eye drops...state law. We talked about that one for awhile and she agreed that it's pretty pointless for someone who doesn't have any std's and is in a monogomous relationship. She said I could get the...
Luckymomma, I asked my midwife about testing the rectum. She said that the bacteria is commonly found in both the vagina and rectum and can easily spread from one place to another. So even though the baby isn't passing through your butt, you could have the bacteria in your rectum but not your vagina at the time of the test and spread it to your vagina between then and birth. Needless to say, she gave me the little Q-tip tester thing and had me take the sample myself...
Mpls Momma, I know the feeling. I feel SO well supported and prepared and eager for everything to happen...and then I freak out and wonder what kinds of expectations I'm setting myself up for. But then I remember that MOST births are fairly normal and uncomplicated (provided the right care) and I've been very healthy and I'm strong and I do have GREAT care. So I'm sure everything will work out well. But it is hard to let go and trust the unknown. We can do it!!!! We...
Kathybird, how about adding some special touches yourself like candles or your own pillows or ??? And a good birth plan will help, I'm sure. Do you have a doula who can help remind the hospital staff how you want things to go? Nikki, I had a meeting with my doula today and she suggested freezing maxi pads with witch hazel on them. The cold and the witch hazel make for great relief after birth. The only "bad" thing I've got going on is my iron is STILL low. I've...
Could you tell her that they changed your due date?! Make it later so maybe she'll change her ticket so she doesn't come too early and then oops!...baby came early! Just a thought...
I think every woman should do what gives them the most peace of mind. Best wishes to you and your rapidly growing baby!
Wow Darcy! What an amazing story. I wish you and Leo the very best! I have a good friend who went through this a year ago. She delivered at 34 weeks for no apparent reason. Her son is a beautiful happy healthy kid! He was 5lbs 11oz and came home sometime between a week and two weeks. I hope Leo's hospital stay is nice and short too!
I agree with Sahara that doing comparisons isn't probably going to make you feel much better unless everyone says they are out plowing the fields. I didn't vote because I feel like my dh sometimes falls into all these categories! Something I tried recently that really helps is making a list of things that need to get done over the next couple days and asking him to help out with what he can. I was shocked at how well it worked. He had a better idea of how much I'm...
I've been told that your uterus contracts all the time..even when not pregnant. Some women feel them and other women don't. So I think it's very possible to feel contractions that early.