or Connect

Posts by Sharon

I think you should have a party. You can call it something other than a "baby shower" if you want. I'm sure people will bring gifts regardless of what you call it and then baby will get stuff and you can have the celebration you want. Go for it.
I haven't had any peaches, but I've been eating a nectarine or two a day! They are SO good right now! I'm exhausted. We just hosted a surprise b-day party for my BIL. It was fun, but the in-laws just wear me out.... but it forced us to get the house in order (moved early June). Today is the first day that it actually looked like "home" instead of a work in progress. Baby has been fairly active all day which is unusual since it seems to sleep most of the day and is...
I second the suggestion for Luna/Clif bars. A new discovery for me and they are mighty handy when that afternoon low sneaks up on you and you just need to grab something to eat. I buy some of the fruit kind and some of the chocolate kind so when I'm really craving dessert, I can fake it with these (sometimes). I'm off to give La Leche League a try this morning...we'll see what interesting things I can learn. Then we're interviewing a pediatrician. joy of...
does your husband have any shirts that you could wear? I liked Gap's stretch t-shirts...they fit a little tighter so they don't look quite so huge early on and I'm still wearing them now with only 1 month to go. Check on line (gap.com) especially on their sale section. The under the belly panels are just big elastic bands that fit under the belly instead of the big panel that goes all the way up to your breasts!
hugs and lots of support to you moms who are faced with any sort of bedrest! I collapse on the couch a couple times a day, but that's just because I'm trying to get so much done each day! I'm completely frustrated with my lower energy levels so I can't imagine what it's like to be told that I can't do anything. Hang in there! Fortunately, our babies' birthdays aren't too far away! Yesterday was a fantastic day for me. I had yoga in the morning. Then we interviewed...
I love it when a complete stranger says, "congratulations!" (I could skip some of the other stranger comments, but for the most part, they're fun.) My MIL threw a baby shower for me recently. She just invited her church friends. I was a bit concerned about not knowing anyone, but I got home and told DH that I haven't felt SO special in a long time...and I feel pretty special quite often! All these grandmas really get excited about a new baby!
Coloful Mama - putting it in terms of days sure makes it sound right around the corner!! I'm right behind you! I'm 35 weeks tomorrow (wed.) and DH keeps saying "3-7 weeks to go!" He's so eager, he's really hoping for closer to the 3 end of the range! I haven't even thought about what to pack to take to the birth center. I guess I should ask at my next appointment what they provide and what I need to bring. I'm sure it'll be different from a hospital. I never pack...
We're finally getting around to interviewing pediatricians, but I really don't know what to ask. We have decided not to circ so I guess we'll want to make sure that they're ok with that. As far as vax-ing, we're probably going to go middle of the road...do some, not all, and spread them out, but I also want to make sure that the doc is willing to provide info/resources instead of just pushing one side or the other. Other than those 2 big things, I don't know what else...
Welcome APmommaof5! I'm due in mid-August and some days it feels SOOO far away and other days it feels right around the corner. We're still settling into our new house so I can't tell if I'm nesting or just unpacking. I definitely want to do more than I have the energy for!! But I feel pretty good about everything. I got a recommendation for a doula from a friend (have been putting off finding one for a long time!) and I talked to her last night. Not only is...
I traveled from Seattle to San Fran (about 1.5 hour flight) at 32/33 weeks and had no problems. I just drank lots of water and made sure I had an aisle seat! No one even said anything about me being pregnant except the guy at security said "congratulations". I haven't had any swelling, but someone suggested wearing tight nylons to help prevent swelling and/or vericose veins due to the pressure changes.