or Connect

Posts by Sharon

Hi everyone! I haven't had very good computer access in the last month, but I'm back! We moved in early June and the room where our computer is had to be torn up for some wiring changes so the computer just never got set up. It's been an exhausting, but exciting month. I love being in our own house, but it's been such a mess and I just don't have the energy that I once had! It's SO frustrating to only be able to get a little done here and there instead of working ALL...
I say eat the chocolate! It's amazing what a couple bites of chocolate can do for your state of mind! Might make dealing with the other issues more tolerable!
Today is a big whiney day for me. We're moving (still) and I'm SO tired and there's so much to do still. We have a bunch of friends who will help over the weekend and then we'll be done (except for the unpacking). Thank goodness. I will NEVER move while pregnant again (famous last words, right?!) Anyway, whenever I feel too crappy, I just think about how lucky I am that this is my first!!! My sister-in-law asked the other day why we decided to move BEFORE the baby...
Luckymomma, some days are like that, huh? I've been doing fairly well, but today I was completely wiped out. We're in the process of moving (YUCK!) and some new furniture was being delivered today (yay!). I was SO excited, but after lunch, I just HAD to lay down. DH comes in to tell me the delivery guys had arrived. I just waved him away and kept right on napping! Later, he said, "wow! you must be REALLY tired! You've been SO excited about the furniture coming!" I...
I'm also 30 weeks and I'm having the same pain. I had it around 13 weeks too and it gradually got better...not gone, but tolerable, but it seems to be back. I find it helpful to sit on one butt cheek or another...terrible posture, I know. Sitting on a birth/exercise ball really helps too. The only other thing that has helped is my yoga class. I have NO idea what causes the pain, but any kind of hip exercises seems to help...I wonder if the tailbone is just getting...
I've heard similar stories about contractions starting while getting acupuncture. But 38 weeks? So the baby isn't "too" big? hmm. I also know plenty of small women who have given birth to "big" babies... We just had a long talk in my prenatal yoga class about "big" babies and how patience and labor positions are what seem to make the biggest differences.
thanks! That first article was especially helpful. I'm going to make sure my DH reads that one!
My midwives always share whatever measurements they are taking, but there aren't that many....baby heartrate, my blood pressure, uterus size. They aren't concerned about my weight, so I just do that on my own when I think of it. They are perfectly happy to let me look at my chart so I can see how things have progressed over the months. Maybe if you're a worrier, it would be better for you to see all your numbers so that you know things are staying consistent or changing...
friends keep asking if I'm wearing "funny maternity underwear" yet. I'm just sticking with my good old jockey string bikini underwear. Works fine for me. I read this thread to find out if there was some really compelling reason to wear maternity underwear.
I've known one or two Eden's and think it's a great name. The only Aubrey I've known personally was girl, but usually hear it as a boy's name. I really like it (my friend was nice too!). Remy could probably go either way. Dellen is kinda neat...and I like the family significance. Draw one out of a hat...I don't think you could go wrong with any of these!