or Connect

Posts by KeanusMomma

OMG I would never ban getting oral!! I have not, though, and am sure I won't be for awhile .   I broke up with the baby's dad in April (we were only together a few months). For some reason I didn't think it'd be much of an issue to be pregnant, that somehow I'd still get some action. As much as I wanted it, I unfortunately had an extremely difficult time getting it. I think my confidence was just shot, once my body started growing and changing, etc. I didn't have the...
I am birthing at a birth center and plan to labor in water. I could be nude, and maybe I will be, but i'm thinking I should have some clothes as an option for out of the pool/feeling modest. And then of course I need some comfy, roomy clothes I can go home in, keeping in mind the likelihood of any and all of these clothes getting messy. I'm thinking a dress for labor, either one that I don't mind staining and tossing or one that washes easily. I don't have a lot of real...
I don't have much exp yet, but i'm going to try upcycling old ts into crop tops, and wear them over low cut/nursing tanks. This way I don't have a lot of fabric to move around.
I took another quiz on there to predict gender. 50% chance of a boy...go figure. The labor quiz said baby'd be late. I had to choose a lot of "unsure"s because both I and baby's daddy were cs.
I am making lots of diapers. They are all pocket diapers (i used the free wee weka pattern online) and used a sampling of bright pul so now I have lot (or will, when I finish that all look the same. I wonder if any of you would want to swap some to get some variety?
Mine is now head down, facing my right. I don't remember whether it's best to have baby facing my right or my left, but i'm very glad for head down! Just hoping for facing my back by delivery time.
I have used flannel or jersey. Stretch fabric like jersey is more comfy, but i've heard it's only good for small babies, not strong enough once they get bigger. Whichever you choose, just get 5 or 6 yards and cut it in half lengthwise, so you have 2 skinny long pieces. You can hem them if it's a fabric that will fray. I have seen a photo tutorial (i believe off of one of the links above) on making a ring sling with 2 yards of fabric, but I realized the super pretty fabric...
I am making diapers and some pads for me, and I am pretty sure that I have heard conflicting info on how to care for the PUL. Does the high dryer temp help for waterproofing, or do I need to line dry? (speaking of line drying, doing so outdoors is not an option for me, can the sun help with the antibacterial, etc. properties if my window and screen filters it?)   Also, as I make diapers, does the shiny side go on the outside? It seems like it would look best that...
I have heard that gaining weight on lots of healthy foods is easier to lose pp than gaining from junk. I try to eat things like peanut butter and eggs and olive oil instead of candy bars, etc. That said I am disappointed about the amount of weight i'd gained so far. I think the scale at my midwives' reads me as heavier than I am, but I am prob about 145-150 right now, when I started at 115. Last preg I am not sure where I started, I think I was averaging 120 or 125 in high...
i've decided to be Quinn from Glee. I'm going to make a simple pleated skirt (i've done it before when I was a spartan cheerleader) and just decorate a white non-maternity sweatshirt to look like a cheerios uniform. I know she was kicked off the squad one she started showing, but I don't care. I even have some red and white striped socks to wear, like the ones the Cheerios wore at xmas. I think I will be too pregnant to bother with trick-or-treating, so I think i'll have...