or Connect

Posts by KeanusMomma

We have a sub-forum type of thing for Dads, how about one for Grandparents? I bet my mom would be into that.
I think I was singing "The Ants go Marching" when DS smiled for the first time . Nowdays he likes to hear "Old MacDonald" for all the animal sounds, and sometimes participates with me. My parents used to sing a silly song to me about a little green frog, and the sound the frog makes in the song is made with your tongue hanging out, so we (my parents and I) sing that to DS and make him laugh. Also (this is another one that I'm not sure if my parents heard or made up)...
Can you take it while BF?
Maybe some loud music to cover the funky noises would help.
My grandma nursed her youngest (number 5) until she was 6 years old. DS and I are almost 1/3 of the way there!
Quote: Originally Posted by maxmama Sadly, certain people currently occupying a certain large white house don't agree, and have passed a law requiring health care workers who receive federal funds (i.e., anyone who accepts medicaid or is covered under EMTALA) to attempt resuscitation of any infant 20 weeks gestation or greater born with any vital signs, including only a heart rate. Parents' wishes don't enter into the equation and the penalty can be...
I would say CIO is anytime a child is crying and you don't do whatever you can to meet his/her needs or console her. That said, I also think there are certain situations in which a little bit of CIO is acceptable, like when toddler is doing something dangerous while little one is crying to be changed, or the just fed/nursed/changed child is crying in the car and you know he will go to sleep within seconds (or you will arrive and be able to console very soon). Sometimes...
My son calls it ninny. It's an easy word to say that's also discreet. My mom used it with my bros and I when we were all little, so that's where I got it. She told me that's the word her momma used, but my dad's mom used the same word. I wonder if any MDC mommas use it? I tried to teach DS the difference, or maybe the similarity, of ninny to cow's milk, which he also drinks. I got him to say "momma's milk" and "ninny milk" and he'll call it that sometimes. My...
What is the "caul"/"cawl"?