or Connect

Posts by KeanusMomma

My midwives keep palpating a transverse presentation. I figure if I get her to turn before full term, she'll just turn right back, so trying not to trip about it. Lately I have felt a more diagonal presentaiton, but can't tell head from butt. My first was occipital, but... anterior? He was face up, which made his head unable to sqish together properly and gave me a huge laceration. So i'm hoping for not that.
No piad leave for me--I am going to have to work up until baaby for financial reasons. If I take off any earlier, I will run out of money and really will have less time with baby. I will hopefully keep getting more massage clients, and maybe I can talk to one of my colleagues about being on standby close to my due date
I am almost 30 weeks pregnant, and the sex is going to be a surprise. I am going to CD and will be using pocket diapers. I have several on my baby registry (my shower is tomorrow), but I'd also really like to make some diapers and some pads for me (I figure I can use the same materials for each). All the diapers on my registry are gender-neutral, but I would like some diapers that are girly or boyish. However, I am fairly certain that the newborn period is when most...
I have a small set of purchased cloth pads from awhile back, but I never used enough to wash them all in one load, and don't have a home machine...but now that i'll be cloth diapering, it won't be any extra laundry. It can be a significant investment, but they'll pay for themselves quickly because i'll have periods after pp bleeding. I am going to make my own, along with some diapers, so I won't be paying much more to add to my stash. as for the "moon pot", can I use any...
My son just had his 7th birthday party. I spent a total of $75 on gifts and everything. I let him make a lot of budgeting decisions, so he learned a lot too. I made his cake, we played "freeze dance" and ring toss and blew bubbles outside, and I bought his gifts from thrift shop/gave him some cash (his request). The other kids there said it was the best party ever--they had fun because of the loving atmosphere and simple, pressure-free activities. A budget birthday party...
When I read the title of this thread, I imagined a multi-continent backpacking trek and thought "no way!" But flying to China for a very important career opportunity sounds totally doable, as long as you factor in precautions as pps said. In the movies pregnant women can't fly in 3rd tri, so look into that, and while I have no personal experience, I know i'd be very uncomfortable pregnant in a plane seat. OTOH, I think it's important to note that this won't be any easier...
register at Target, just a bunch of bs that you could need for a baby, then take it all back and buy practical things like groceries and toilet paper, and use the $$ you would have spent on practicalites on a new bed
the other day my coworkers (2 young guys that don't know any better) made some comments. I try to take "you're getting bigger!" well, but these dudes just took it too far, imo. They started joking around as if I was just fat and asked me what I had been eating, etc. I got a lil paranoid and made sure one of them knew I was prego since he and I hadn't talked about it before. Then while I was on a delivery I started crying a little. I know they were joking, I totally get it,...
Holidays for me are usually the women (incl me) cooking for our families (the dozen or so the live close by) and we gather at either my parents' or my aunt's because no one lets me host in my apartment (they have big fancy houses). So I will probably just skip out on doing any cooking or anything for Thanksgiving, but come for the food . I can always lie down with baby if I need to, have my mom hold her while I shower, etc. For Christmas we usually exchange gifts, but...
i'm not in your DDC but I wanted to throw an idea out there--if you have non-nursing bras you like (or can find some for a good deal), you can always do a little diy and convert to nursing. I haven't done this yet, but I know i've seen online tutorials. I don't remember where, but just google diy nursing bra and I bet you'll find plenty.