or Connect

Posts by KeanusMomma

i'm single too. My exbf and I had only been together for a few months when I got pregnant, and we just weren't into each other. Being a single parent can seem very unfair financially. Like a pp said, take advantage of any help you can get. There is usually govt assistance available for food, housing, child care, and more. I like to think that if I also had a husband, I would have to put forth a lot of time and effort into that relationship, and single parenting means I...
I am interested in getting some CEUs in aromatherapy. I did a project in school about Esalen massage, but I think that's a little too out there for most of the locals, plus to be certified I have to pay a lot of money and spend a week or so in CA. Which would be awesome, but impractical for me right now. I would also like to learn more about Thai yoga massage, because I think that at least all the passive stretches would be popular. Right now I can do deep tissue or...
...neither does my almost 7yo. I'm pregnant so I want to transition to separate beds. Ds is squirmy and kicky at night and I do not trust him with a baby. I worry a little that he'll kick my belly before the birth. Anyway we just moved a month ago so ds has his own room and bed, so it's a good time, but we miss each other when we try to sleep apart. I wouldn't mind setting up a floor mattress or sleeping bag or something for occasional thunderstorms, etc. but I think we...
Definitely don't want the monitoring, I will keep that to a bare minimum. No iv fluids or npo rules. No circ if I have a boy. No pitocin or pain meds. I have herpes, so I'm thinking the eye ointment will be good for us, but vaginal exams should be avoided as much as possible. I will be talking to midwife about the other stuff, like vit k. Btw I will prob birth @ birthing center
I forgot one of those questions. I like Juniper Willow if it's a girl. After I decided this, I learned from the baby's gma (the dad's mom) that Willow is an old family name. The baby's father and I will probably discuss it soon, but he told me he really likes Patience. I think it sounds too religious, like Patience would be the sibling of Hope, Faith, and Charity. No offense to anyone who used those names, or anybody that is religious, it's just not me.
I like that there are lots of trees where I live. I don't like the humidity, the cold weather, the snow, the horrible road conditions, or the typical lack of open mindedness. Honestly I probably would have moved by now if it weren't for Keanu (whose dad lives around here). I have 2 piercings in each earlobe. I also have my belly button pierced. I recently had to purchase a flexible silicone "ring" for it and it's no longer causing discomfort. I have 2 tatoos, each on the...
As for the birth, I am seeing a midwife and practicing Hypnobirthing. I broke up with the father in April (we only went out a few months) so I'm not sure who my birthing partner will be. I def want to avoid all the monitoring and interventions that I encountered last time, so I'm glad to have found a midwife and birth center. Unfortunately, I have Medicaid, who does not like to pay for birth centers here in MO. So I am pretty worried about how i'm going to pay. No pets...
My favorite season is summer. I love swimming, watermelon, and late sunsets. I have ventured outside the US only to Canada, so i'd love to travel to more exotic places. There are also many places in the US i'd love to see or return to. I have family in the bay area of CA and WV is super beautiful. Really a vacation would be a dream if I could afford to miss a few days of work and pay for travel expenses plus fun! I live in Oak Grove, MO (outside of Kansas City) and was...
What is it about this pregnancy that makes it high risk?
i'll do it too