or Connect

Posts by KeanusMomma

I read on a forum about mentrual pad making on craftster that tampons can made period pain worse because they dry out the area more than it needs to be dried out.
I just reviewed a favourite book, How to Talk So Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk, so one thing that comes to mind is to avoid lecturing and moralizing and keep it simple, just stating what you expect from him. Easier said than done, right? Also, you mentioned wanting to go back to bed? Why not? Just go back to bed with him and start over. Sometimes my son is motivated when I explain that we want to get along today and have fun, which means cooperating...
I freaked out on my 4yo today too. At/after the DMV, of course. I felt so horrible and so guilty--still do--but to look at this forum and happen to see this headline just four posts down made me feel a little better. Like I'm not alone. I wish I had more patience with my son. I feel like I'm always snapping at him or expressing annoyance, or at best, being sarcastic.
Ds just turned 4, and for the past few months I have been working evenings, so he goes to bed way before I do, and naturally wakes up before me as well. He is really good about getting some yogurt out of the fridge all by himself, even throwing away the trash and putting the spoon in the sink. He usually comes back in the bedroom and asks me to open the candy he got from Oma last night, or wants me for whatever reason. This past week he has been getting up and doing...
I lost my glasses last weekend and I don't like being without them. Things far away are blurry--for example, I can't recognize people from down the hallway and have an awful time trying to read street signs. With my glasses, it's fine, plus I think I look better with glasses. I got glasses for the first time in Oct '06, had another exam a year later, and was told my prescription did not change enough to warrant a new pair of glasses. With my current vision insurance,...
:Hi everyone! I'm so glad I read this thread. I'd love to be in a polygamous relationship (that's what I voted), but ya'll brought up some really excellent points. I should clarify, that one person in a committed relationship (like a marriage) being allowed to have extra relationships, and not the other, is stupid. IMHO. BUT, a threesome type of relationship, where my boyfriend is also my girlfriend's boyfriend, or some other type of gender combo would be sweet. As...
Tips for looking a little less pregnant in these (for those of us that aren't, lol): *Wear it with a belt. This sounds a bit strange, but with the skirt I made, I got some thick strong ribbon that looks perfect with it and wear it as a dress, tied in the front without overlap, and it looks just fine with the "belt" tied around my waist. *Tie the outer layer. On the videos, and even the simple instruction diagram on the enwrapture home page, there's a demo of this...
oops double post. see below
Where??
How did you decide to keep your child rear-facing? (noting your signature)