or Connect

Posts by SweetPotato

We really love our doc at mayo family med.. She didn't bat an eye when we moved here and my then 3 year old was still nursing, and she doesn't give you a hard time about vac (though she will tell you which ones she encourages). I don't talk about our cosleeping , but the night waking, etc. doesn't really come up-- I just say that we're not having any problems with sleep and it doesn't go any further. I feel very comfortable with her-- she's very respectful of parents...
We bought an arm's reach cosleeper when our dd was born 6.5 years ago.  I don't think she ever slept in it-- certainly not much.  Now we've started using it for our 2 week old, who actually sleeps great in it.  I'm a bit concerned about the mattress, though.  I've read that using a used crib mattress can be a risk factor for SIDS, so I'm concerned about that.  This babe has also peed and thrown up in it a few times without a waterproof pad, so I'm also wondering about...
I've been having a really hard time lately with keeping my health anxiety in check.  I remember being about 8 years old and watching a pbs show about strokes and being absolutely convinced that I was having one---- I haven't changed a bit!  When I was pg with my dd, we had enough worries about her (shortening cervix/bedrest/preterm labor) that I didn't worry about myself much at all.  This time around, little guy has seemed perfectly healthy and in no danger all along,...
One of the few large baby items that we actually bought with dd (no crib, no stroller, etc.) was a dresser with fairly large rims around the top and a wipeable changing pad.  I know lots of folks change babes wherever, but I was so glad to have everything right there (top drawer was diapers, wipes,washable changing "mats" that we put under her bum, onesies or sleepers)  It was very comfortable for us to be able to stand upright, easy to keep a hand on her and felt even...
I wanted to add something I haven't seen mentioned yet-- just so any first-timers who experience it might not be as shocked as I was!  Directly following the birth of my dd, my legs and feet swelled TREMENDOUSLY-- like tree trunks.  It went down after a couple days, and the nurses didn't seem concerned at all (I've since discovered that one or two other friends had the same experience).  It wasn't painful, but just really surprised me and kind of scared me, since I...
I've been going nuts trying to find some really soft, yet still supportive nursing bras.  My skin has become extremely sensitive over the last few years, and I really just can't wear the ones that I had from back when dd was little.  Any recommendations??  I prefer wireless for comfort and need a super-soft band (a minimum of scratchy seams would be awesome)-- however the ones I've found like this seem to either give me a mono-boob or just have no support whatsoever.  So...
I agree that it's probably fine, but since it happened again this morning, a full day later, I'd call in just to be on the safe side. 
My dd is also 6, "engaged" to her best friend, and was briefly intrigued by the word sexy when she saw a commercial for Lens Crafters or something where the eyeglasses were talking to people (we also don't have cable, but there are some shows not on PBS that she's allowed to watch, and I don't hover to censor every commercial).  I have rosacea and often wear a little foundation over my nose and cheeks to tone down the redness.  She also has teenage girl babysistters...
Our dd will be 6.5 when her new brother is born.  We have been SO happy having only her, but I've honestly spent the last 6 years waffling about whether or not to have another, and I really believe that I may have second-guessed a decision not to for the rest of my life.  Now that I'm 6 months along, I've gotten over the worrying about how it will be and am just excited and happy about it  :)  Dd is thrilled about being a big sister.  Dh and I are both glad that we've...
I have rosacea (that appeared during my first winter in the dry/frigid upper midwest).  I've tried all sorts of things, and have had the best luck with Cera-Ve moisturizing cleanser and cream (tube or tub-- the pump lotion isn't heavy enough).