or Connect

Posts by Quigley

The biggest suprise I got when traveling with one that age is how little they sleep/eat. My oldest childs first real trip was at age 6 months to the Dominican Republic. He went almost 20 hourwithout eating or sleeping because he was so damn nosey about everthing going on around him. When he finally did crash, it was hard and he ended up with a good case of the runs. At that point his diet was only breastmilk, mangos and bananas, but I think he just got all messed...
I loved my last baby shower. It was thrown by the neighborhood playgroup and was a total surprise. All the kids gave my son and/or the new baby things they had when they became big brothers/sisters or were born. The standard "I'm the big brother" t-shirt, already worn by other kids in the neighborhood, clothes they'd worn ("This is the onsie I wore when I threw up on my grandfather. I hope you have better luck.", a video with a note attached "My mom says this saved...
We've had ours on the floor for 3+ years now. The railings are only good if you have a child who can't stand, otherwise they go head first over the railing. My 10 month old learned to turn and get off feet first about a month ago. We've never had any mold issues (I never even thought about it!) I flip our mattresses everytime I change the sheets. We always kept or mattress on the floor, only buying a frame when I first got pg, thinking "I'm going to have to get...
My 8 month old daughter just received an (awful) little pink doll with a bottle attached to its hand as a gift. I assumed I would "lose" it the first chance I got, but........ My 3 year old son loves it! Quote: "I can nurse this baby with the old fashioned sippy cup!" He has been carrying it in a full sized sling and likes to rock it. The bottle made all the difference for him, because he has other babies that are never touched. We haven't had the opportunity...
We had it! Wall to wall bed. Two Queen sized mattesses side by side, just barely fitting betwen the walls. The only other furniture in the room was a small chest. It was nice that I never had to worry about any one falling out of bed, and when they were toddlers and infants they could even nap in the bed alone.
Hello- I was raised in an LDS family. I began to question the church a bit in college (as do most folks, I think?). I also met my one and only girlfriend in college. Here we are 15+ years later with two kids. Clearly I am not active in the church, however I am thankful/grateful for the stability it provided me as a child. I believe in the social/cultural aspects of the church, but do not believe the doctrine. The focus on family is appealing to me, as is the...
This is my favorite cookie. It is from moosewood. 1 Cup butter/marg 1 Cup sugar Cream together add and mix well: 1 cup pumpkin puree 1 slightly beaten egg 1 tsp vanilla Sift together: 2 cup flour 1 tsp baking powder 1/2 tsp baking soda 1 tsp cinnamon 1/4 tsp allspice 1/2 ts salt Add the dry stuff to the wet and mix. Then add any or all of the following: cashews, peanuts raisins, choc bits, or anything else you like. Bake 10-15 minutes ...
Someone on MDC told me to use an old rubber scraper from the kitchen. I sacrificed one and it was well worth it. I can scrape off most of the poop into the toilet. (The things moms talk about??...
We have a good sized rental plot for our veggie garden, and the 2 year old is the official bug squisher. It keeps him busy and productive, but.... I get a little freaked at how much he enjoys it. We've always talked about how some bugs are beneficial to the plants while others are harmful and we only kill the ones that are hurting the plants. Anyone experienced this? What do you tell your kids about killing bugs? What sort of conversations are you having? Thanks
Okay, Okay... I ate some chocolate and am much better. But Dr. Seuss is still right on track. "...NO! That's not for you. Somehow you'll escape all that waiting and staying. You'll find the bright places where Boom Bands are playing. With banner flip-flapping, once more you'll ride high!" Which Dr. Seuss best sums up your day??