or Connect

Posts by butterfly1976

We're a non Christian family here. More like nonreligious/atheist. We live in a small town and there's tons of Christian homeschoolers. We joined the groups to see what it was like. We always felt like outsiders looking in. Plus, I'm a single mom and all of them were married so it just felt off. After awhile we just quit trying. I do wish we lived in a bigger town so there would be different types of people. 
My last relationship was last year. We were on an off for about 3 years. I've always been a stressed out person, but when I'm dating a man it seems to be worse. This year I have been totally single and I'm totally fine with that. Of course, there are certain things that I miss about a man, but not enough to want to date anytime soon. Maybe it will happen in the future. If it doesn't, I will be ok. I really want to work on me getting better and getting my life straight. 
I dated a man on and off for about 3 years. We had some good times, but after awhile it was just stressful. I always knew in the back of my mind it wouldn't be long term. We finally quit having our fun together (roll in the hay) last year. He lives 5 minutes from me and we ended it civilly. I surely don't miss the stress at all.    I have no desire to date anytime soon. It's always so much stress and not hardly any joy if that makes sense. Maybe in the future, who...
For me....my life has always been hard or a struggle. It seems like it never gets easier. I sometimes wonder if there's a light at the end of my tunnel. The older I get, the more I question God and how he helps his children. I've seen some people have great families, have lots of help, great jobs, wonderful spouses. It seems like their life flowed easily. I'm sure there were bumps in the road, but it's been the exact opposite of mine.   I don't expect life to be...
Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply. I will check out that website and research more online. My kids are ok with the idea as long as it's not a little bitty camper. I hope that makes sense. When we go to town and so forth, I'll point out campers that people have set up and we'll discuss whether or not we think it would be the right size for us or not.   I will defintely research it more before I put down the cash. I've seen a lot of them for sale on...
Hi everyone...........Has anyone here ever lived in a camper/rv with kids? What was your experience like?   I'm a single mom and I've seriously thought about buying  one to live in. My kids are 15 and 12. Plus we have 2 cats. I could put it on my mom's property on the back acre. It's the acre that I put my money in years ago (electricity, septic tank, water lines) etc.   Plenty of shade trees and so forth. Very peaceful out here. Or I could buy one and move it to...
I have to echo the loneliness feeling. My kids have never been to a public school or day care either. My kids are older now (15 & 12) and it's always been harder to find that homeschooling group to fit in with. We tried to join the groups here, but this is a very religious town and I'm not at all. When we did get chummy with some of the homeschooling stay at home moms, some of them just couldn't understand that I couldn't meet them at 8-9 in the morning to do activities....
I was with my ex on and off for 14 years. I took him back a million times. It only led to more heartbreak for me and the kids. Seems like his needs were always met, but ours never were.   I thought that I'd love him forever, but now I realize I don't. When it was over for the last time ( I think I just about had a nervous break down), someone who had been in an abusive relationship for years, told me to pray to God to take away the love that I had for the ex. It...
I truly enjoy threads like this. I love the different responses from people. Trippingbillies.....sounds like to me you're having a tough time right now. Are you 99 years old and fixing to take a dirt nap? I truly doubt it my dear. Don't give up! If it's meant to be, it will happen. Do you realize how many women are in relationships with men that are truly miserable? They actually want to be single. Right now, you're in a relationship with yourself. How do you treat...
When the weather is great, I like the windows up so the fresh air can come in. I like a clean house. PERIOD. If the dishes are in the dishwasher, laundry is kept up and beds made, they keeps me in a good mood. A vase of pretty flowers is always nice.