or Connect

Posts by VWChick

Does the potential buyer have an agent representing her? If so, and if it is legal in your state, that agent could co-broker the deal (basically representing both of you). It works well in these instances and is completely legal in my state (South Carolina). I do know, however, because I have held real estate licenses in 3 states that it isn't legal everywhere. You do NOT have to have a Realtor representing you at all. In fact, you might be better off in your case to do...
We'll be having Thanksgiving here at our house again this year instead of traveling. My family is in the same town (moved back to my hometown about 2 years ago) so they'll be coming over. It's MUCH more comfortable that way for the kids... BUT, I will be a wreck. I try very hard to keep things presentable here. But, working full-time with two kids, a partner that works out of the country in 5 week shifts, and a ton of animals makes that a challenge. My mom is a clean...
I don't know that I have EVER replaced the items you mentioned and I have been out on my own for over 15 years! I have inherited towels and such from here and there and bought them one at a time over the years. There is always one nice set hanging when guests come over. Past that, the others (that we use everyday) look like crap. Sheets have been bought over the years. I have two sets for my bed and several for each of the kids beds. They have come from thrift stores over...
Thanks for the welcome back! And it's nice to "meet" those of you that I haven't had the pleasure of interacting with yet! Like I said in my first post on this thread, it feels really good to be back. I've been sort of away from a lot of the things that made me complete. In some ways the past couple of years have been all about getting my life together and more on track. I am proud to say that I feel pretty successful in that regard. Unfortunately though, I also moved...
I do 99% of my own vet care. We currently have 1 dog, 3 cats, and 5 chickens. Two of the cats are indoor/outdoor and they get vax'd (by me not requiring a vet visit). The dog also gets vax'd by me. The indoor only cat has had no vaccines in well over 10 years. Everyone gets wormed fairly regularly. Our vet handles mostly farms in the area and is very used to people doing their own vet work except for emergency stuff. There is no pressure from his office ever... and...
I have been away from MDC for almost two years (I think)... A lot has changed while I have been away from what I can see! But it certainly feels good to be back. I am reconnecting with the "real" me and I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to catching up with the "goings-on" around here. (PS: I know no one will remember me because I was mainly a lurker before. Still, it feels like you guys are family.)
Quote: Originally Posted by Kat's Mommy I think I just lost $8,000...I don't think my one little embie made it because I got my period today (heavy flow). I called the clinic, but they said to continue taking progesterone suppositories, and still come in for my beta this Monday. She said that "some" women bleed heavily even while pregnant. I highly doubt I'm still pregnant, and I know she needs to tell me this...but I am losing hope... I...
Not sure how to describe it, so I googled "rollback wrecker" and came up with this pic: http://www.someparts.com/photos/vnytcreeaz.jpg Basically, it's just a wrecker that the whole car fits on the back instead of just two wheels being towed. I am sure you've seen one! With our storage building, they hooked the chains that they would hook to a dead car to the skids underneath and pulled it up on the back (and no, it didn't mess anything up) and then moved it for us and...
NOT stealing... AT ALL! I would take the sucker and never think twice. It's city/county property and the new owners can easily call and get another one. Or, you could do what everyone else suggested and get a new one for them.
We've moved incredibly heavy things using rollers of sorts (think telephone poll, heavy and large PVC pipe, or something comparable). It takes some work and a couple of strong guys but I have seen it done... We moved our shed by having someone who owned a rollback style of wrecker come out, hoist the shed onto the truck and then let it off again at it's new location. Many tractors also have fork attachments and sometimes you can even use an ATV to move stuff....