or Connect

Posts by VWChick

Quote: Originally Posted by soulshine vwchick, jempd, seedlings, goblue, marly, perdita, kat's mommy !! any updates? i'd love to hear about how you are all doing, what you're thinking, etc... I am here and fighting a case of what they think is OHSS. Since the clinic is so far away, I called in with my symptoms and they basically told me if I got worse to come in before Friday (tomorrow... my transfer day... ). They did call me in some Zofran...
I bought a pair from a co-op last year for myself and my ds. They were handmade (I think the name was Nomad or Nomadic something) and people raved about them. Virtually NONE of the ladies that bought them through the co-op liked them. They aren't comfortable and wore more quickly that expected. Just my two cents!
I'm not a regular smoker these days. DP is tested VERY regularly for his job and during most of the time, if I had a chance to indulge, he would be there too and I would feel bad about doing it when he can't. That said... I have NOTHING whatsoever against it. I enjoy it much more than alcohol. Up until this particular job that DP got, I indulged several times a month. Sometimes more. I have read all of the studies and done the research and still feel that it's a good...
OMG! I would have been mortified! As for the poo issue... Darn. I just don't know what I would do about that either. Maybe quickly cover it with a trash bag and scoop it all up in one swoop. Hopefully your basement isn't carpeted. If so, I'd already be rupping it out!
Thanks Hockeylover! I don't know how I missed your post until now. Well, it's almost over for us. I triggered last night and have ER scheduled for Sunday. The cycle ended up costing us about $4000 so far (thanks to the drug study) and we'll owe more if we have to do ICSI which is a good possibility. I know that's a huge savings but the time commitment (driving 2 hours each way several times a week to the clinic) as well as the emotional drain and financial drain make...
I am right at the end of my cycle (triggered last night at 11:45pm for ER on Sunday) but I wanted to tell you guys that I TOTALLY feel your pain with regards to the clinic and staff being slack. I couldn't read the thread without commiserating with you for a minute! I can't even begin to tell you all of the problems I have had. I am also in a drug study so that makes it even worse (double the number of appointments). My clinic is 2 hours away. They have screwed up about a...
I believe that the Kidney Foundation accepts cars and I know our local Habitat for Humanity does.
Quote: Originally Posted by tinasquirrel LL Bean makes very high quality children's clothes and they have those cute playdresses for girls. It's much more "basic" type of clothing, as you'd expect from LL Bean. Here is one of their dresses. IMHO, the LL Bean stuff we had wasn't that great. Most of it was made poorly in China. The cuts were bad (didn't fit true to size) and the stuff didn't hold up well. We have had better experiences in...
Long story shorter, I am in the middle of IVF. I am currently on Lupron and scheduled to start Follistim (tomorrow I think). My situation is a bit different that most of you because I had a tubal ligation during my previous marriage and that's why we're doing this. I was very fortunate to get involved in a research study so the IVF is costing us almost nothing. We had planned to do this next year but the study was simply too good of a chance to pass up because otherwise...
I SOOOOOOO feel your pain right now. I just moved yesterday (after having to live next door to my parents for the past three months in between houses and such) and BOTH of my parents are driving me NUTS! They have an opinion on how to do everything and think it all needs to be done right this second. Meanwhile, I am exhausted :yawning: and couldn't care less if I looked at the boxes for a few days while I leisurely unpack and organize. They will be coming over (with no...