or Connect

Posts by VWChick

Oh Minnow! I am so sorry you are going through the same thing. She has been spayed but NOT declawed. She is tiny though (really the runt of the litter) and now my dh is worried that a hawk or an owl carried her off (which I think is unlikely here). But, still no sign of her. And she's been missing since Monday night. We're getting so discouraged. We've only lived here a couple of months and she's never been out so I don't know that she could find her way home or...
She's only gotten out twice before and climbed the window screens to get back in ASAP. This time she seems to have run. I went out looking again this morning. My husband is convinced she has met some horrible fate (like an owl or hawk scooped her up). She's small even though she's fully grown (kind of a runt). I am so hoping that one of the many flyers we put out works. I also have "connections" at the local newspapers and have it listed on their websites and print...
Our indoor only cat got outside at 11pm Monday night. She's spayed, microchipped, and up-to-date on her vaccines. We have literally been awake almost the whole time since looking for her. I've called the shelter and local vet hospitals. I've put out 100+ flyers in the neighborhood and on mailboxes. We have driven, walked, and biked the neighborhood for 24 hours calling her. So far... NOTHING.: : She seems to have vanished into this air. I am at a loss for what to do...
I'm here! As of now, a quite productive garden, a few grape vines, 6 fruit trees, and three chicks!
Ummmm.... How old are you? You've never seen a roach? Lucky you!!! Seriously, it sounds like you may have seen a roach today.
My DH got to interview him in college for the college newspaper. It was an amazing experience for him. He always says that it's one of the few interviews that he remembers almost every word of.... And the thing that amazed DH the most from his long interview? The Dalai Lama complimented him on his watch. Apparently he collects timepieces and appreciates good taste in watches. But, he (DH) also got lots of other little tidbits he has brought with him that he'll remember for...
You guessed it! It's the Red Door! And you can probably also can what author's sister it was... In fact, we were just back at The Red Door today because my MIL was helping out. We picked up a few really nice and needed household things. I LOVE that place! Heading over to FYT shortly to get the updates!
Thanks for your responses everyone! It really does make me feel A LOT better to know I'm not the only one... My fabulous MIL actually volunteers at the same shop and had the opportunity to actually bitch the lady out and tell her why I am overweight. Apparently the lady is the sister of an EXTREMELY famous author and she really should know better... Just goes to show that money doesn't buy class! The really funny thing is that my MIL is the typical momma-bear and fiercely...
Aerosmith's "Dream On" has been an ongoing death song for me. The first time I ever heard it was on the way to my grandmother's funeral with my brother driving.... Another song that means change in my life and always has is The Byrds "Turn, Turn, Turn." I remember breaking up with my first very serious boyfriend (and knowing it was really over) as I drove home I remember hearing the Boyz to Men song "It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday" for the first time and...
I admit it... I am ultra sensitive right now. I was diagnosed a couple of months ago with a very rare auto-immune disease that is life threatening. Lots has changed for me in a short period of time. We've moved to a new town to be close to my wonderful in-laws so that I'll have help with the kids. My dh is going back to work at a college after us owning our own business for several years because we need better health insurance for me and our autistic son. I am on TONS of...