or Connect

Posts by MommyMichele

My first two were born in hospital births as natural as hospital births can be and those experiences were not bad (except I didn't like being scared into inducing at the end of pregnancy #2 just for being 41 weeks). Still, when Baby #3 surprised us, I decided it must be an opportunity to have the homebirth I dreamed of. My husband needed a lot of convincing and it was hard, but I decided it was worth it. It is so wonderful being already home after giving birth! ...
Co-sleeping has been one of the best things I've ever done, been doing it for 8 years (or 14 if you count sleeping with a spouse! ) and I've never had any regrets. I have several reasons for it, but a big one is that I never understood why kids in this culture are supposed to sleep alone while grown-ups get to sleep together. My oldest got her own bed in her own room around her 3rd birthday. We were just matter-of-fact about it, telling her she could sleep there...
All my babies were around 9 lbs and quick easy pain-free births.
I've used Fuzzi Buns stuffed with prefolds for all three of my babies.
I have the biggest Toddler World Explorer though. I don't chase him, but I have to follow him to keep him safe. He runs down the middle of our street as far as he can and who knows how far he would go if I didn't insist on turning around eventually. Last week he was climbing a hill behind the park and then walking around the perimeter of the park on a sidewalk next to a big street. I'm sure he would want to return to me eventually, but judging by how constantly he is...
Ian sometimes hits, but what's worse is his head-butting. His head is hard as a rock!
My daughter decided to come back home! : She said she just wanted to try it out, to see for herself. She doesn't even want me to change anything, but just return to the way things were before. Just wanted to update. I wrote more about it in my blog (link in original post).
I am fortunate to have a husband who supports my need for alone time by taking care of the kids for an hour many evenings so I can be alone a bit and encouraging me to take an evening or afternoon off on the weekend. Also, my 7 year old recently tried school and the experience confirmed for me that homeschooling is best. Among other reasons, school takes up so much time. I'd rather have "too much" time together homeschooling than see each other only for a few minutes...
Wow! I didn't even know the November 2006 babies group was still talking! : I just saw this thread in New Posts. Ian talks a lot now, but not clearly. He loves to dance and sing. He continues to be an avid explorer, running up the street whenever we go outside and never wanting to be held in stores but be let down to run around. He loves soccer and has a great kick and he loves wrestling so much he'll just run and head-butt his sister to try to get her to play. ...
I only had my husband, CNM and nurse at my first birth, and I was content. I was so inwardly focused I was hardly aware of anyone, even my husband. For baby #2 I invited a doula and a friend in addition to a new CNM and more natural birth minded nurse. I had a great time; felt like it was a party! Finally, even though my hospital births were non-traumatic (worst parts were intrusions after the birth and agonizingly long waits to be discharged) I wanted to have a...